Scars left by acne and pimples are a bigger problem than acne itself, as it takes a long time (read “months”) to go away. However, with the right kind of products and home remedies, one can heal these scars much faster. There is no need to spend a lot of money on expensive creams and salon treatments to get rid of these marks. In this post, we list 10 acne scar treatments that you can do at home:
1. Almond Protein Face Mask: The protein in the egg heals the skin and reduces acne blemishes. On the other hand, almond moisturizes the skin and treats blemishes and scars. The combination of egg and almond makes the skin even and tightens the pores. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight and make their fine paste the next morning. Take an egg white and add almond paste to it. Whisk the ingredients together to get a homogeneous mixture. Apply the face mask as thickly as possible and let it dry. Later wash off with lukewarm to normal water. Apply the face mask twice a week for best results.
2. Tomato, Cucumber and Lemon Face Pack: The enzymes in these juices exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells. This face mask effectively brightens the acne scars and also treats blemishes. Not to mention an improved complexion and even skin. Take equal amounts of tomato juice, cucumber juice, and lemon juice. Mix well and apply to cleansed skin. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water. Apply every alternate day for best results.
3. Chamomile tea and witch hazel toner: The antioxidants contained in chamomile repair the skin. Chamomile has bleaching properties that lightens acne scars and improves the complexion. Witch hazel is known for its astringent properties. It treats inflammation and effectively reduces acne scars. Take half a cup each of chamomile tea and witch hazel. Add a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil. Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and keep it chilled. Apply twice a day for best results.
4. Orange peel and yogurt face mask: Orange peel is a rich source of vitamin C that brightens acne scars and improves the complexion. Yogurt, on the other hand, moisturizes the skin and keeps it flawless. Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder. Add enough yogurt to make a thick and smooth paste. If desired, add a pinch of turmeric too. Apply the face mask to cleansed skin and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off later with normal water. For best results, apply the mask twice a week.
5. Pomegranate Peeling Wrap: Pomegranate peeling contains powerful antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin E that help effectively reduce acne scars. With a combination of sugar, the peeling gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. Take two tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder and powdered sugar. Add enough rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply over acne scars and leave on for 5-7 minutes. Later, start scrubbing and wash it off with plain water. Apply twice a week for better results.
6. Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Honey Face Mask: Cinnamon and nutmeg are known to promote oxygen circulation. This in turn reduces acne scars and makes the skin clear. On the other hand, raw honey gives the skin antibacterial properties while also moisturizing it. Take a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Add two teaspoons of raw honey and mix well. Apply the face mask to cleansed and damp skin. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Later, rinse it off with lukewarm water. For best results, apply the face mask at least twice a week.
7. Overnight Potato and Green Tea Facial Mask: The enzymes in potato juice help cleanse the skin and reduce the chance of further breakouts. In combination with green tea, the face mask improves the complexion. Take the same amount of potato juice and green tea. Mix them well and apply to cleansed face at night. Wash off with normal water the next morning. Use it every other day for the best results.
8. Gram flour and saffron wrap: Gram flour promotes peeling of the skin. It effectively cleanses the skin and removes dead skin cells, reduces acne spots and also treats blemishes. Saffron helps in removing the acne blemishes and improves the complexion. Take a tablespoon of a gram of flour and a pinch or two of saffron powder. Add enough rose water to make a paste. Apply to the skin and work in circular movements. Rinse off later with normal water. You can store the mixture in an airtight container.
9. Oatmeal, Milk, and Cinnamon Powder Packaging: Take half a cup of oatmeal powder and mix in milk to make a thick paste. Now add 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder and mix well. Apply to face, keep for 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice a week for glowing and smooth skin.
10. Face pack for carrots, papaya and yogurt: Extract the juice from half a medium-sized carrot, a few cubes of ripe papaya and mix in 1 tablespoon of yogurt or quark. Mix well into a paste form and apply to face and neck. Do this twice a week to fade acne scars and keep skin glowing.
20 ways to remove acne scars and pimple marks
8 best scrubs for acne scars