Speeding up your metabolism is a surefire way to lose weight because once your metabolism becomes sluggish, losing those extra pounds and fat becomes a daunting task. As we all know, metabolism is the engine that burns calories and helps the body use up fat storage. Metabolism is also known as the rate at which the body burns calories. If you’ve done everything right, from exercising regularly to following a healthy diet, but still can’t see a huge difference on the scales or a drop in pounds, it’s time to see if your metabolism is “all right”. Here is a quick checklist of what may be wrong and how to boost your metabolism to accelerate weight loss.
1. Get a good night’s sleep, rest 7 to 8 hours without disturbance: As mentioned earlier, sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, cause hormone imbalance, and increase stress in the body. If the body sleeps at least 7 hours, it can balance hormones, speed up lipolysis and boost the metabolism.
2. Eat these metabolism promoting foods: Eating the right types of foods can help stimulate and recharge your metabolism. Here is the list of 25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods for Weight Loss that can go a long way in weight loss.
3. Eat a good amount of probiotics, keep the gut happy: It is extremely important to have a healthy gut to live a healthy life, as the gut is also known as the body’s “second brain”. A strong gut microbiome also has a greater impact on weight loss by keeping the metabolism high. To keep the gut bacteria happy, eat these foods high in probiotics (10 best probiotic foods that are good for the gut).
4. Regular Exercise: Combining cardio with high-intensity exercise can significantly boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories faster. Here are some high intensity interval training (HIIT) exercises you can do at home to get your metabolism going.
5. Drink coffee: The caffeine content in coffee increases your metabolism significantly, but limits your caffeine intake to just two or three cups, no more.
6. Drink plenty of water: Without enough water in the system, metabolic activities take a beating and lower metabolism. This is why it is extremely important to have at least 8 glasses of water a day.
7. Eat a high protein breakfast: It is a fact that high protein diets boost your metabolism and speed up the entire fat burning process. Start your day with a high protein breakfast to keep your metabolism high throughout the day.
8. NEAT activities during the day: NEAT (thermogenesis without physical activity). Abbreviated as NEAT, it is the energy we use for everything we do in our daily life, except when we sleep or exercise. Use the stairs instead of the elevator, crouch on the floor to lift something, walk while you are on the phone. Any activity we do while on our feet falls under NEAT. All of these activities boost your metabolism and help burn some calories throughout the day.
9. Eat Appropriate Calories: If you reduce the calories significantly, the body will automatically go into an energy saving mode by lowering the metabolism. To correct this, eat enough calories, avoid a crash diet, and follow a healthy weight loss diet like Rati Beauty, which would help in eating the right kind of food and still being calorie deficit to lose weight successfully.
10. Include salt rich in iodine: Iodine is an absolutely essential mineral, the deficiency of which can impair thyroid function and hinder metabolism. Switch to salt rich in iodine to get your metabolism going again.
Hope this list would help speed up and reset your metabolism when it is sluggish and hinder the whole weight loss process.
21 tricks to increase your metabolism
25 Vegetarian Metabolism That Boosts Weight Loss Food