ColourPop Secret Crush Pressed Powder Blush ($ 10.00 for 0.13 oz.) Is a medium dark pink with subtle warm undertones and a subtle touch of gold micro-sheen over a semi-matte finish. The texture was quite soft – a bit more powdery in the pan – but it was applied evenly and melted well into my bare skin. It had buildable coverage from medium to mostly opaque (two to three layers) which was in keeping with the way the formula is marketed. It stayed good for eight hours before visibly fading.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Too Faced So Peachy (P, $ 30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Quintessence (440) (P, $ 45.00) is less shimmery and warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Exhibitionist (LE,) is less shimmering, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta She’s the girl (powder) (PiP,) is warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek XOXO (P, $ 10.00) is less shimmery, darker, and warmer (90% similar).
- NARS New Attitude (LE, $ 30.00) is less shimmery and lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Miss (047) (P, $ 44.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Underrated (LE,) is less shimmering and warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Breeze (LE,) is shimmery, darker and warmer (90% similar).
- Wayne Goss Sweetened (PiP) is less shimmery and warmer (90% similar).
$ 10.00 / 0.13 oz. – – $ 76.92 per ounce
The formula is said to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy blush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to the desired intensity”. It is a light to moderately powdery powder red with a semi-transparent to semi-opaque, buildable color scheme. The consistency feels drier and thinner, and while it feels silky, I found that it can be difficult to evenly distribute the type of powder red on the skin, depending on your skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin / base, the better the formula would mix, but natural oils or slip caused an uneven blush and were difficult to fade out. The average wear and tear was between seven and eight hours.
Search all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, synthetic fluorophlogopite, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, distarch phosphate, silicon dioxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, aluminum calcium sodium silicate, hydrolyzed theobromooxyalkylene glycol, hydrolyzed theobromo-cacaoethanol, octanoyl peroxide, phenyl alcohol, phenoxy peroxide, phenyl alcohol, phenoxy alcohol, phenyl alcohol, phenyl alcohol, phenoxy alcohol, phenoxy alcohol, phenyl alcohol, phenyl alcoholic acid theobromo-cacaoethanol, phenoxy-cacao-methyl-butyl-phenoxy-glycoloxyisobutene, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, polyisobutene, zinc stearate, Butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, tin oxide, quercetin, aluminum oxide, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).