In this post, we are going to tell you about some amazing foods that will actually help you burn fat while you sleep. While it may seem a bit unconventional to push through the idea of burning fat while you sleep, you would be surprised to know that the body is always in a calorie burning mode, even when you are deeply asleep. Calories are converted into energy form to sustain all basic activities – from breathing to maintaining body temperature, calories are needed for any function, even to efficiently pump blood to all organs. All cellular repair and regeneration activities in the body are carried out during sleep, and of course these also require a certain amount of energy in the form of calories. Seriously, if you sleep more than 8 hours each night, you burn more fat, while if you sleep less hours the body is reaching for muscle instead of fat. Sleep deprivation can also convert fat-burning enzymes and essential hormones into a dizzying, increasing hunger hormone “ghrelin”, the stress hormone “cortisol” and the decreasing satiety hormone “leptin”. Eating the right food before bed is extremely important so that we can boost our metabolism and support weight loss. Our dinner choices should be things that speed up your metabolism, keep your bowels happy, help you sleep better, and be thermogenic. It would also be a good idea to consume foods containing tryptophan (an amino acid that increases serotonin levels in the body, which makes melatonin, and melatonin helps us sleep better and wake up full of energy. Check out Rati Weight) Beauty on Loss Diets in the Rati Beauty App to find out how to lose weight by eating the right kind of food. In this post we list foods that burn fat while you sleep.
1. Lemon: Although lemons are believed to be sour due to their pungent and sour taste, this citrus fruit actually has incredible alkalizing effects on the body. This is good for our liver health, which in turn aids digestion, boosts metabolism and burns fat while we sleep.
2. Avocado: Avocado is an excellent source of very healthy fat (Omega 9), but to everyone’s surprise, it actually helps burn the fat in our bodies. Eat avocado as part of your dinner so it can boost your metabolism and convert the fat in your body into energy.
3. Coconut: Eating coconut, or consuming limited amounts of coconut oil, is getting the right dose of healthy fats that help maintain liver function and help burn fat. Coconut also helps you feel and stay full, which prevents you from overeating.
4. Green Tea: Green tea is a great source of metabolism that promotes antioxidants. Not only is it a great thing to have to improve your overall health and immunity, it’s especially useful for burning belly fat. Drink a cup of green tea after meals to aid digestion and burn fat.
5. Leafy Vegetables: Leafy vegetables are low in calories and low in carbohydrates, and contain excellent nutrients and high levels of fiber. This will keep you feeling full longer, nourishing your body and burning fat.
6. Grapefruit: Grapefruit is known to be an excellent food that promotes weight loss on its own. Make sure to include it in your diet especially if you are trying to lose weight. If you don’t like the taste, you can add it to a smoothie.
7. Oats: Oats are a great source of fiber. When you eat oats, you’ll stay full longer and won’t have to fill up with other carbohydrates that add to your weight. You can swap your regular roti or rice for oats for dinner.
8. Dates: Dates are a nutritional powerhouse and a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without adding any extra calories. Dates are also high in fiber, which in turn means you will feel full faster and not overeat.
9. Legumes: Legumes like dals and beans are an excellent source of protein in the diet. They keep you feeling full longer, add to the nutritional profile of your diet, and help you keep your weight in check.
10. Whole Grains: Cutting out all refined grains from your diet can be the best thing you can do to aid your weight loss. Focus on eating whole, unrefined grains like brown, red, or black rice (instead of white rice) and grains like ragi, jowar, and bajra instead of refined wheat.
11. Almonds: A few almonds a day can boost your metabolism and provide a good dose of vitamin E, protein, and healthy fats. For this reason, almonds are also considered a superfood.
12. Paneer / Cottage Cheese: Paneer is high in protein and contains tryptophan, which helps increase serotonin and melatonin in the body. You can sleep well and improve your metabolism.
13. Greek Yogurt: We are not talking about the flavored Greek yogurt pots available in the market, but opting for unflavored, plain Greek yogurt pots which, with their high probiotic content, go a long way toward burning belly fat.
14. Cucumbers: Cucumbers are low in calories, high in water, and a natural choice for anyone on a diet. Making a juice from cucumber and parsley can detoxify the body, boost your metabolism, and help you sleep.
15. Walnuts: Just like almonds, walnuts are rich in healthy fats and proteins and have a high metabolic rate. Eating a handful of nuts (walnuts, almonds) can burn fat throughout the day.
16. Flaxseed: Flaxseed, along with omega-3 fatty acids, is an inexpensive way to burn fat. Flax seeds also trigger the production of serotonin and help you sleep better throughout the night.
17. Broccoli: If you want to burn belly fat, choose green, yellow, and orange vegetables. That’s why we recommend broccoli for its high calcium and calorie content.
18. Spicy Food: Don’t forget to consume a good dose of spice every day, especially at night, to increase the thermogenic activity in the body, boost metabolism and support the fat burning process.
19. Warm milk: Does the idea of drinking a glass of warm milk sound good to you? It should! Because it promotes a good night’s sleep with its tryptophan content and helps burn fat with calcium and vitamin D levels.
20. Cheeses: Feta, mozzarella, and Swiss are some low-fat, low-nutritional cheeses that help burn fat throughout the day.
10 Ways To Maximize The Benefits Of Green Tea For Weight Loss
How low energy density foods can help you lose weight