Dealing with acne scars takes a lot more patience than dealing with the acne itself. You can treat acne in a day or two, but it takes weeks and months for its scars to go away. Hence, here is a list of 10 home remedies for acne scars to treat them effectively. So let’s get started.
10 Natural Home Remedies For Acne Scars:
1. Almond Protein Face Mask: The protein in the egg heals the skin and reduces acne blemishes. On the other hand, almond moisturizes the skin and treats blemishes and scars. The combination of egg and almond makes the skin even and tightens the pores. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight and make their fine paste the next morning. Take an egg white and add almond paste to it. Whisk the ingredients together to get a homogeneous mixture. Apply the face mask as thickly as possible and let it dry. Later wash off with lukewarm to normal water. Apply the face mask twice a week for best results.
2. Tomato, cucumber and lemon juice mask: The enzymes contained in these juices exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells. This face mask effectively brightens the acne scars and also treats blemishes. Not to mention an improved complexion and even skin. Take equal amounts of tomato juice, cucumber juice, and lemon juice. Mix well and apply to cleansed skin. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water. Apply every alternate day for best results.
3. Chamomile tea and witch hazel toner: The antioxidants contained in chamomile repair the skin. Chamomile has bleaching properties that lightens acne scars and improves the complexion. Witch hazel is known for its astringent properties. It treats inflammation and effectively reduces acne scars. Take half a cup each of chamomile tea and witch hazel. Add a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil. Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and keep it chilled. Apply twice a day for best results.
4. Orange peel and yogurt face mask: Orange peel is a rich source of vitamin C that brightens acne scars and improves the complexion. Yogurt, on the other hand, moisturizes the skin and keeps it flawless. Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder. Add enough yogurt to make a thick and smooth paste. If desired, add a pinch of turmeric too. Apply the face mask to cleansed skin and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off later with normal water. For best results, apply the mask twice a week.
5. Pomegranate Peeling Peel: Pomegranate peeling contains powerful antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin E that help effectively reduce acne scars. With a combination of sugar, the peeling gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. Take two tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder and powdered sugar. Add enough rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply over acne scars and leave on for 5-7 minutes. Later, start scrubbing and wash it off with plain water. Apply twice a week for better results.
6. Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Honey Face Mask: Cinnamon and nutmeg are known to promote oxygen circulation. This in turn reduces acne scars and makes the skin clear. On the other hand, raw honey gives the skin antibacterial properties while also moisturizing it. Take a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Add two teaspoons of raw honey and mix well. Apply the face mask to cleansed and damp skin. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Later, rinse it off with lukewarm water. For best results, apply the face mask at least twice a week.
7. Potato Juice and Green Tea Overnight Face Mask: The enzymes in potato juice help cleanse the skin and reduce the chances of further breakouts. In combination with green tea, the face mask improves the complexion. Take the same amount of potato juice and green tea. Mix them well and apply to cleansed face at night. Wash off with normal water the next morning. Use it every other day for the best results.
8. Gram flour and saffron facial cleansing powder: Gram flour promotes peeling of the skin. It effectively cleanses the skin and removes dead skin cells, reduces acne spots and also treats blemishes. Saffron helps in removing the acne blemishes and improves the complexion. Take a tablespoon of a gram of flour and a pinch or two of saffron powder. Add enough rose water to make a paste. Apply to the skin and work in circular movements. Rinse off later with normal water. You can store the mixture in an airtight container.
9. Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack for Acne Scars: This nutmeg and milk face mask not only helps clear acne scars but also brightens the complexion. To make this mask you will need a whole nutmeg with the skin removed, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 strand of saffron, and a stone to grind all of these ingredients. Pour a little milk on the grinder and put the saffron strand in it. Grind the saffron strand with the nutmeg yourself. Apply some pressure and move the nutmeg in a circle. When the mixture feels dry, add some milk again. Keep grinding the nutmeg with milk until a desired amount is obtained. Remove the paste in a bowl and apply it to your face and neck. Apply to the skin. The minimum time is at least 30 minutes to achieve a good effect. You can also let it sit overnight for the best results. Nutmeg contains essential oils that are good for your skin. Along with that, it also has antiseptic properties that help fight pimples and acne. Nutmeg is also known as a sleep aid. Milk is known as a moisturizer and emollient for the skin. The combination of the two works wonders in this mask. It makes the skin brighter and fairer up to two shades. The pigmentation has decreased significantly. It even helped me with my sunspots. They have also faded to some extent. I really don’t need to apply any other moisturizer after washing this mask off as milk moisturizes but doesn’t break my skin. The addition of saffron also adds to the benefits of the mask. Saffron’s exfoliating properties make it a wonderful aid in cleansing and brightening the complexion. It helps with blood circulation resulting in glowing skin.
10. Vitamin E Capsule: Vitamin E is a wonderful ingredient for clearing acne scars and maintaining flawless skin. It also has moisturizing properties and soothes the skin. Cut open a vitamin E capsule or two and apply the contents directly to the skin. Vitamin E is ideal for all skin types including sensitive and acne prone skin. You can also leave vitamin E to stand overnight.
How to Take Vitamin C and Vitamin E For Your Skin
7 homemade banana face packs for all skin types
Tomato facial for dull and oily skin with pictures
Refreshing face mist made from cucumber and mint + ice cubes
20 ways to remove acne scars and pimple marks