What are blind pimples? Those pesky pimples that have not appeared on the surface of the skin but can be felt like bumps under the skin are called “blind pimples”. This happens when bacteria, oil, and dirt clog the pores of the face, causing a bumpy texture. These protrusions may feel a little painful and red. It’s really hard to avoid the temptation to squeeze out blind pimples, but be warned that doing so may make matters worse and the pimple may now become more inflamed and tender. Avoid using toothpaste, baking soda, and other such agents to highlight the pimple, as this can upset pH levels and further irritate the skin. In this post, we list 7 remedies to get rid of blind pimples without irritating them.
1. Topical treatment with salicylic acid: Salicylic acid is the best ingredient to fight acne by clogging pores and reducing bacterial growth. Many over-the-counter salicylic acid-based treatments are available at the pharmacy. It is also easier to crush an aspirin tablet and just a few drops of plain water into a paste form. Using a Q-tip, carefully dab the paste on the breakout and let it stand overnight. The bump will now be less painful and inflamed.
2. Apply glycolic acid based treatment: Glycolic acid is a major part of skin care. It is an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin, breaks the bonds between dead cells and has an exfoliating effect that makes the skin softer and smoother. It removes dead skin cells and oil without drying out the skin. Our recommendation would be Glyco 6% Ointment, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Pixi Glow Tonic.
3. Tea tree application: This essential oil has antimicrobial and soothing properties and reduces acne and inflammation in a significantly shorter time. To apply topically, mix 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Apply to the affected area and leave on overnight.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Mask: There is various testimonials from people who have tried apple cider vinegar on their skin that it eliminates all forms of acne. The combination with the soothing properties of aloe vera helps soothe blind pimples. To make this mask, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply this mask for 20 minutes and rinse off.
5. Ice Compress Every Few Hours: An ice compress immediately reduces the swelling, redness, and inflammation associated with blind pimples. Wrap an ice cube in a thin washcloth and gently pat it over the pimple every few minutes.
6. Aloe Vera and Honey: Aloe Vera is a magical solution to treating almost all skin problems. Honey is an antimicrobial and soothing ingredient. Both ingredients work very well at calming down an acne breakout, including a blind pimple. To make this mask, mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera and 1 tablespoon of honey, apply it all over your face, leave it on for an hour and then rinse off. Do this every day until the pimple subsides.
7. Compress Green Tea Bags: With lots of antioxidants, green tea bags are not only good for the body, they can soothe a bad outbreak as well. The calming and soothing properties of green tea gradually heal the pimples and also reduce inflammation. To compress a green tea bag, brew a green tea bag (pure), drain the excess liquid from the bag, and keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Once the bag is cold enough, apply it to the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes. Do this every few hours and see that the inflammation subsides pretty quickly.
Pixi Glow Tonic Peeling Toner
20 ways to remove acne scars and pimple marks
8 ways to remove pimple marks naturally for oily skin
How to Shrink a Large Pimple Quickly