Curls are beautiful, but since we all love to play around with hair and wear different hairstyles to change our looks or straighten the curls just for fun, it sounds like something the majority of women with curly hair want to try. However, permanent straightening can be a gamble with the risk of split ends, damage and frizzy hair getting in the way. While hair straightening methods at home don’t promise straight poker hair, you would still have fairly straight hair that you would love to flaunt. In this post, we’re going to show you how to straighten hair at home.
1. Choose a straightening or straightening shampoo: Always choose the right shampoo for your hair. If you want straight hair, a straightening or straightening shampoo is best. Such shampoos can give you smooth, soft, and freshly washed hair. You should always choose a frizzy shampoo so that the frizzy hair becomes curly and you get manageable strands. Our suggestions: Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo, herbal essences seductively smooth smoothing shampoo, L’Oreal Xtenso Pro-Keratin Shampoo, Moroccan Oil Smooth Shampoo.
2. Don’t Forget the Conditioner: Once you’ve shampooed your hair, it is important to use a conditioner. Always use lukewarm or cold water to wash your hair so it can detangle your hair and prevent the cuticles from becoming damaged. Apply conditioner to your hair and prevent it from applying to the roots. Let the conditioner sit for at least 5 minutes and wash off with lukewarm or cold water.
3. Drying is important: gently squeeze the excess water out of the hair and avoid aggressive rubbing. Use a soft towel or old t-shirt to avoid frizzy hair. Aggressive rubbing of the hair can cause frizz.
4. If hair is still slightly damp after washing and conditioning, twist it tight and roll it into a tight bun. Secure this bun and leave it on overnight if possible or until the hair dries out completely. Comb with a wide tooth comb and you can see that most of the hair is straightened.
5. Use a Wide Toothed Comb: Always use a wide-toothed comb to untangle curls and even out the kinks and tangles.
6. Apply Straightening Hair Serum: A straightening hair serum is a must to help tame frizz and runouts that can prevent hair from looking straight. Using serum can add extra shine and silkiness to your hair and prevent your hair from becoming frizzy again. Our suggestions: BBlunt Intense Moisture Hair Serum, Osis Magic Hair Serum.
6. Banana and Honey Smoothing Mask: An excellent hair mask that also eliminates frizziness – mash a whole ripe banana, mix 2 tablespoons of honey and half a cup of yogurt along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Apply this hair mask all over your hair and wrap a hot towel around your head. Keep this mask for an hour, wash your hair with lukewarm water and run a wide-toothed comb along its entire length.
7. Rinse hair with coconut milk: take a cup of fresh coconut milk and apply this milk all over your hair. Massage in thoroughly and after an hour, rinse hair with a smoothing shampoo and conditioner.
8. Multani Mitti Hair Mask: Fuller’s earth is not only good for the skin, but also for the hair. To make this mask, take the required amount of multani mitti and make a paste form with water. Cover the scalp and hair with this mask and a wide-toothed comb to distribute it over the entire length of the hair. Keep this mask for half an hour and rinse it off with warm water. Towel dry hair and you would love the texture of your hair, like.
Using blow dryers to straighten hair:
You should make sure that your hair is completely dry before applying an iron to the hair. To properly blow-dry your hair you need to cut your hair into 2-3 parts. Now dry your hair with a blow dryer. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you should use a blow dryer to dry it properly.
Using a straightener to straighten curls:
For people with curly hair, you should opt for a flat iron with a gold or titanium plate. It can help straighten your hair and prevent damage. Titanium or gold-plated straighteners can help resist the corrosion that leads to long-lasting results. Choosing the right type of straightening iron should mean investing an extra cash in keeping your hair healthy and free from damage. You should run the straightener properly from top to bottom. For the best results, cut your hair into different parts and consider straightening the hair. If your hair starts to sizzle while using the straightener, it simply means that you did not dry your hair properly. You should stop using the straightener and let your hair dry again. You should generally keep the temperature of the straightener between 300 and 350 degrees.
6 best shampoos for straightening curly hair
How to prevent static hair after straightening it