Glycerin is an excellent ingredient in skin and hair care products. It is also widely used in shampoos, conditioners, soaps, body lotions, etc. Because of its moisturizing properties, glycerine is a sought-after ingredient in skin, hair and body care products. It can absorb moisture from the atmosphere and retain it in the hair and skin. Glycerin moisturizes the scalp and promotes healthy hair.
1. Retains moisture: Just like skin, hair needs moisture and glycerin moisturizes the hair and scalp. It softens and smooths the hair by drawing moisture into the hair from the atmosphere.
2. Improves hair length: Since glycerin provides the hair with sufficient moisture, it prevents breakage and you will grow longer hair.
3. Takes care of itchy scalp: During the winter season, the scalp is prone to dryness which leads to itching. Regular use of glycerin can help relieve dryness and itchy scalp.
4. Prevents dandruff: Dandruff is a common problem and can be easily cured by cleaning and moisturizing the hair. You can use a glycerin hair mask (recipe below) to prevent dandruff or to get rid of dandruff.
5. Prevents split ends: Daily use of glycerin-based hairspray can improve the condition of split ends. After washing, use a glycerin hairspray to condition the hair.
6. Cares for Curly Hair: Curly hair requires an extra dose of moisture compared to straight hair, and glycerin conditioner can help maintain bounce. This will keep the locks well hydrated and frizzy.
8 ways to apply glycerin for beautiful hair:
1. Homemade Glycerin Hairspray: To make this hairspray, you will need a spray bottle, distilled water, rose water, a few drops of your favorite essential oil (optional) and most importantly, glycerin. Fill 1/4 of the container with distilled water, add 1/2 cup of rose water, add 2-3 drops of essential oil, you can use rose / orange / lavender of your choice. Add 2 tablespoons of glycerin and shake well. Use a small amount of product on damp hair and comb through. It nourishes dry, brittle hair. If you have an oily scalp, use only on the length of the hair and on the ends.
2. Glycerin Egg Hair Mask: You will need a beaten egg, 1 tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of glycerin. Mix all the ingredients together and use a hairbrush to apply evenly to the hair. Wash out after 30 minutes with shampoo and conditioner.
3. Add glycerin to your conditioner: Simply add 20 ml of glycerin to a 100 ml conditioner bottle. Shake the bottle to mix. Use the conditioner as you normally would. Always wait at least 3-4 minutes before rinsing off the conditioner in order to effectively moisturize the hair.
4. Glycerin and honey mask: Mix equal amounts of honey and glycerin. Apply evenly with a hairbrush. Rinse off with cold water after 30 minutes. Enjoy soft, straight hair.
5. Glycerin with Aloe Vera Gel: This is another way to use glycerin to treat your hair. Mix one tablespoon of glycerin with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and massage your scalp gently for 3-4 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. This solution prevents hair loss and gives hair more volume.
6. Castor Oil and Glycerin Mask: This mask would soften and moisturize the hair as it has the nourishing properties of castor oil and glycerin. Take 5 tablespoons each of glycerin and castor oil, mix well and apply the entire length of your hair, leave for 20 minutes and rinse off with a gentle shampoo. Condition as usual.
7. Rosemary Oil and Glycerin Hair Growth Booster: It is a very natural way to grow hair and stop hair loss. Take 2 cups of water, add a few drops of rosemary essential oil and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. Transfer the contents to a squirt bottle and apply to the entire scalp. Distribute evenly on the hair with a wide comb. Leave on for an hour and rinse off without shampoo. Do this twice or thrice a week to speed hair growth.
8. Glycerin, honey, egg, castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil mask for damaged hair: This is an extremely nourishing hair mask for dry and damaged hair. Mix 2 tablespoons of castor oil, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of glycerin, 1 whole egg, 1 tablespoon of honey and apply it to the scalp and all over the hair. Store for an hour and rinse with a mild shampoo.
Use of glycerin to hydrate skin and hair
Beauty Benefits of Rosemary Oil