The secret wish that any person who wants to lose extra fat, lose weight, and get fit will burn excess fat, but how does this “fat burning process” work in the body? Calorie deficit is the way weight loss happens. And a calorie deficit occurs when you use fewer calories from food than you can burn off each day. When there is a calorie deficit, the body reaches for its fat reserves to get the energy it needs, and as more and more fat deposits in the body are used up, weight loss occurs! Fat is burned through an extensive process called “lipolysis”, in which fat is broken down into forms of energy, oxidized or burned in the cell’s energy factories (so-called mitochondria). Before that, however, they are converted into fat-free acids that the cells use as fuel. This entire process is known as lipolysis. There are two main types of fat in the human body – white and brown. White fat is all over the body, around the waist, thighs, and hips – all of this fat is called “stubborn” because it is much more resistant to fat burning than brown fat. Brown or fatty fat helps regulate body temperature and is typically found on the sides of the neck, upper arms, shoulder, upper back, between the shoulder blades, and the side of the upper spine. In order to achieve faster weight loss, we need to activate brown fat as it transfers energy from food in the form of heat. When activated, brown fat burns 20% of food intake, amazing isn’t it? Now the problem is that we don’t have a lot of brown fat in the body, most of the excess calories are deposited in “white” form and don’t react easily to burns. But the good news is that research has discovered another type of fat that lives in white fat, and it’s called “beige” fat, which also burns calories to create heat. When activated, it is possible to convert white fat to beige through a process called “tanning” so that the body burns energy more efficiently and weight loss occurs more quickly.
Brown fat, white fat and beige fat:
There are essentially three types of fats in the body – white, brown and beige. While most of it is white, a small part is brown. White fat stores lipids and brown fat burns energy. Ideally, for weight loss, there should be more brown fat, which easily burns more calories, and less white fat, which is “stubborn” and resistant to fat burning. As mentioned earlier, most of the calories ingested from food are stored as lipids, or fatty acids, in white fat cells. As you continue to consume excess calories, the white fat cells increase in size to absorb more fatty acids. The function of brown fat is to generate heat by burning fatty acids, and it can generate 300 times more heat than any other tissue in the body. Brown fat can burn calories at a very high rate, and while white fat stores energy, brown fat uses it. If someone manages to burn an extra 200 or 300 calories a day from their brown fat, they can lose weight pretty quickly.
When it comes to beige fat, it mimics brown fat, is inherently thermogenic, is high in calorie consumption, and is found in white fat. Now, beige fat can be made from white fat through a process called “browning,” which is not an easy task, but it is possible. This post sheds light on different ways to induce the browning process of white fat so that more and more fat stores are used up and you can lose weight pretty well.
11 ways to activate beige fat in the body to lose weight:
1. Turn down the thermostat: beige fat behaves like brown fat cells, they are thermogenic and use a lot of energy. It does this through a process called tanning. This can mainly be done by exposure to cold. Cold temperatures can stimulate tanning and cause beige fat to consume energy and generate heat. In fact, brown fat burns more calories to help maintain the body’s core temperature when you lower the temperature and sleep in a relatively cold environment. Just remember to not freeze yourself.
2. Exercise in cold temperatures: If you swim in cold water and exercise outdoors in cold weather or with the air conditioning switched on, this can cause a certain amount of white fat to be stimulated to generate heat from beige fat.
3. Build a Strong Gut: A healthy gut and good bacteria help develop beige fat when calorie intake is restricted. In addition to adding lots of probiotics to your diet, this is where you can “improve bowel health to help you lose weight”.
4. Calorie Deficit: Maintaining the calorie deficit is imperative to lose weight and stimulate the tanning of white fat. The weekly diet programs in the Rati Beauty app will help you have a calorie deficit so that you can lose weight by eating the right kind of food.
5. Resveratrol in fruits can cause browning: Resveratrol can accelerate the conversion of white fat into beige fat. Ingesting berries like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and fruits like grapes, apples, vegetables like cabbage, and spinach can help convert excess white fat into beige fat. Resveratrol is an antioxidant that also neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals and speeds up the fat burning process.
6. Coffee: A cup of coffee not only stimulates the burning of brown fat, it also makes it easier to brown white fat.
7. Green tea: Just like caffeine, green tea also increases energy expenditure and promotes the conversion of white adipose tissue into beige fat.
8. Capsaicin: Capsaicin is the active ingredient in paprika, cayenne pepper and paprika and activates brown fat.
9. Turmeric: The compound curcumin has been found to induce fat tanning in animals. Say yes to turmeric latte next time as turmeric speeds up the whole weight loss process.
10. Balance blood sugar, reduce sugar: People with lower glucose levels tend to have more brown fat. So go ahead, give up refined sugars completely, and see your weight drop really well.
11. Eat the whole apple: In addition to a weight-reducing “fiber”, apples contain a compound called ursolic acid, which is found in high concentrations in apple peel and increases the percentage of brown fat. It also improves glucose tolerance. Plums, plums, holy basil, peppermint, blueberries, and cranberries are also high in urosolic acid, which can turn fatty tissue into more brown fat.
How To Improve Gut Health
How Prebiotics Can Help You Lose Weight and Reduce Belly Fat