Carbohydrates have a bad rap in weight loss circles as it is widely believed that they fatten up naturally and lead to an increase in fat stores in the body. However, not all carbohydrates are bad. Foods like sugar, candy, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. have refined carbohydrates that increase insulin levels and are high in calories that add up quickly and are stored as fat in cells. On the other hand, complex carbohydrates such as legumes, whole grains and vegetables have a comparatively lower glycemic index, are digested slowly, are high in fiber, vitamins and minerals and help with weight loss. In order to lose weight, it is important that you eat the right kind of carbohydrates. If you see these signs, it is possible that you are eating too many refined carbohydrates and should immediately switch to a healthy diet like Rati Beauty Losing weight.
What are carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy that provides fuel for our body to carry out its normal daily activities. Carbohydrates consist of sugar, starch and cellulose and release energy when broken down. Our body needs protein, minerals, vitamins, trace elements, fats and, above all, carbohydrates in order to receive energy for its daily activities. Carbohydrates are broadly divided into the categories of “good” and “bad” carbohydrates, but can generally be classified as simple and complex carbohydrates.
Our body uses carbohydrates to perform its daily functions and to get energy from carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are broken down into simple sugars during the digestive process and converted and absorbed by the small intestine. This sugar is then absorbed into the blood. Natural and complex carbohydrates are digested slowly and do not raise blood sugar levels or raise insulin levels quickly. Refined sugars, on the other hand, raise blood sugar and insulin levels quickly, and high blood sugar triggers the release of insulin.
7 signs you are eating too many refined carbohydrates:
1. Feeling tired all day: When carbohydrates enter the body, they break down into glucose and increase insulin levels. Simple carbohydrates cause insulin levels to rise sharply, giving you short bursts of energy. The subsequent drop in insulin levels will make you feel tired and exhausted. When you have too much refined carbohydrates on a regular basis, you get short bursts of energy followed by long periods of exhaustion and fatigue.
2. Common headache: It is known as a “carbohydrate headache” and can occur after consuming refined foods and sugary treats. Too much refined carbohydrates can cause blood sugar to spike, and the subsequent plunge can lower blood sugar significantly and trigger carbohydrate headaches. Glucose provided by carbohydrates is the main source of fuel for the brain, and low blood sugar can trigger such headaches. On the other hand, an excessive amount of glucose in the blood can cause hyperglycemia, which can also cause headaches. Instead of refined carbohydrates, switch to whole carbohydrates or go low-carb to avoid such headaches.
3. Digestive Problems: Refined carbohydrates are devoid of fiber and too many of these carbohydrates can cause digestive problems such as constipation, gas, cramps, and excessive gas. Switch to a balanced diet that provides you with adequate levels of fiber, prebiotics, and probiotics. Check out the Rati Beauty Diets to find such healthy diets.
4. Sugar Cravings: Extensive studies on sugar addiction show that the consumption of processed and refined carbohydrates has a huge impact on the reward and addiction centers of the brain and can induce sugar and sweet cravings throughout the day.
5. Hunger pangs throughout the day: Refined carbohydrates are digested quickly and do not promote feelings of fullness or satiety.
6. Difficulty Losing Weight: Refined carbohydrates are considered the main enemy of weight loss as they lead to rapid weight gain by storing excess glucose as fat and causing inflammation in the body, making it extremely difficult to lose weight.
7. Acne Breakouts: Cutting down on refined carbohydrates has an amazing reaction on your skin as insulin spikes caused by refined carbohydrates and excess sugars in the body cause inflammation of the skin leading to premature aging, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. If you want to look 10 years younger, the first thing to do is remove sugar from your system. Sugar in the bloodstream leads to a process called “glycation” in which sugar molecules damage the collagen and elastin (responsible for suppleness and firmness) in our skin. Cutting down on refined carbohydrates removes sharp insulin spikes that eventually reduce inflammation of the skin, and you can regain your youthful glow in two weeks. So by consuming less sugar, you can say goodbye to acne and wrinkles for as long as you like.
Lose weight through weekly diet programs on Rati Beauty by eating the right kind of food
12 High Carbohydrate Foods To Include In Your Diet
Best carbohydrates for weight loss