Bloating can be a godsend for people who want to carry a flat stomach. None of us want to strut around like a puffer fish with a bloated belly. People get this dreaded bloating when gas builds up in the stomach and intestines, and it feels tight and uncomfortable. For some people, battling bloat is an everyday struggle, and the feeling of “constipation” is not easy to get rid of. Herbal remedies, especially teas, can help relieve bloating by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and reducing inflammation so your stomach looks flatter. In this post, we have compiled 10 herbal teas that will help reduce gas.
What is bloat?
When certain types of food are not digested properly in the stomach, they begin to ferment in the intestines, causing excessive gas production that leads to bloating. In some other cases, inflammation of the colon is a major cause. As we mentioned earlier, gas is a build-up of gas in the abdomen, intestines, and colon. From gluten allergy to carbonated drinks, there are n factors that can trigger the puffiness. There is a feeling of “constipation”, tightness, and even stomach cramps. Check out some factors that can cause gas:
2. Too much salt in the diet.
3. Drink carbonated drinks.
5. Dairy products.
6. Consumption of legumes, beans and certain cruciferous vegetables.
7. Refined carbohydrates.
8. Gluten allergy.
As mentioned earlier, check out these herbal teas that can reduce inflammation and gas.
10 herbal teas to reduce flatulence:
1. Ginger Tea: Ginger is used extensively to aid digestion. This is because it contains compounds known as gingerols that have anti-inflammatory effects that help relieve gas and stomach pain, and also act as a digestive aid.
2. Peppermint Tea: Peppermint relaxes the abdominal muscles, improves digestion, and reduces gas and cramps. It also helps release the trapped gas from the intestines.
3. Chamomile Tea: Popular as a herbal remedy for insomnia, this tea has other benefits, including gas and inflammation.
4. Fennel Tea: Fennel helps the body produce more bile, so fats are broken down much better and there is less chance of flatulence. It also acts as a diuretic and reduces water retention.
5. Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants and can aid digestion, reduce water retention and also cause gas and bloating.
6. Caraway Tea: Made from a popular Indian spice, Caraway Tea is the answer to all digestive problems such as indigestion, gas, bloating, and even heartburn.
7. Ginger, Lemon and Honey Teas: A combination of these three effective ingredients reduces gas and helps promote healthy digestion.
8. Dandelion Tea: This tea acts as a diuretic and also relieves flatulence.
9. Gentian Root: It contains antioxidants and flavonoids that reduce inflammation and trigger the release of digestive juices and bile to help break down food and reduce gas and wind.
10. Turmeric Tea: The amazing anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric eliminate digestive problems and reduce puffiness as well.
17 foods that cause gas and how to prevent gasiness
DIY Anti-Bloating Flavored Water