1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place 6 slices of bacon in two 8 x 8 inch baking tins, cut to size and bake for about 20 minutes until crispy. Place on a paper towel to cool; chop. Wipe the fat off the baking pans.
2. Cook 16 ounces. Put rotini pasta in a large saucepan with salted water according to the instructions in the package. Add 5 cups of small broccoli florets two minutes before the pasta. In a blender, mix 2 cups of whole milk, 16 ounces. low-fat cottage cheese, 3/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/2 tsp. Beat black pepper until smooth.
3. Drain the pasta and broccoli and return immediately to the saucepan. Add milk mixture. Stir in 3 cups of grated hot cheddar cheese. Divide between the two 8 by 8 inch baking pans; Add to each pan with bacon and 1/2 cup of grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. If desired, brown under the grill.
4. Serve a pan hot from the oven.
Eat it again!
5. Cool the other pan and wrap it in aluminum foil. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze for up to three months. Heat, covered, straight from the refrigerator for 30 minutes or from the freezer for about 65 minutes until warm.
6. Mermaid the bacon and bake as indicated. Or stir in chopped sun-dried tomatoes for extra punch before baking.
- Tip: Serve this vegetarian style by skipping the bacon.
Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount per serving: cal. (Kcal): 364, fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 60, sat. Fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 23, monounsaturated fat (g): 5, polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 6, per. (g): 23, vit. A (IE): 918, vit. C (mg): 41, thiamine (mg): riboflavin (mg): 1, niacin (mg): 2, pyridoxine (vit. B6) (mg): folate (µg): 80, cobalamin (vit. B12)) (ug): 1, sodium (mg): 632, potassium (mg): 338, calcium (mg): 454, iron (mg): 1, Daily percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.