Acne / pimples are a common skin problem. While we understand that fatty and fried foods can make acne worse, there are certain foods that will help reduce acne flare-ups so that you can have clearer, better skin at all times. You can spend an insane amount of money on expensive anti-acne products, but if your diet isn’t followed, acne and breakouts will still occur. Here is the list of certain foods that can reduce acne flare-ups.
1. Celery: Numerous people vouch for the effectiveness of celery juice in reducing acne. Most of them say it works in less than 12 days. Celery juice is credited with detoxifying properties and in fighting strep infections. It also reduces inflammation and increases weight loss.
2. Lemon: Drinking a warm glass of lemon water in the morning flushes out toxins and also helps get rid of breakouts due to the high vitamin C content.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries are also a rich source of vitamin C that soothes inflammation and reduces breakouts.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids from natural sources such as fish, tofu, walnuts, almonds, flaxseed, etc. are not only great for weight loss, but can also fight inflammation and infections and also balance the production of sebum .
4. Papaya: Enzymes like chymopapain and papain in papaya reduce the level of inflammation and these also have an exfoliating effect that clears dead skin cells and clogged pores and reduces the risk of acne flare-ups.
5. Quinoa: The vitamin B3 levels along with the high protein content soothes irritated skin and helps repair the skin barrier to prevent future breakouts.
6. Oats: Oatmeal helps regulate blood sugar levels and improve digestion – both of which go a long way in reducing inflammation and acne breakouts.
7. Apples: Do not peel or juice the apples next time, as apples contain a compound called pectin, which reduces breakouts and pimples.
8. Carrots: The rich beta-carotene (a form of vitamin A) is extremely beneficial in preventing acne.
9. Salmon: With its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, this is a fish that lowers inflammation and also fights infection.
10. Dark Chocolate: Surprised !? Yes, dark chocolate is high in antioxidants, zinc, and other minerals that help fight off acne bacteria. You can cleanse your skin by nibbling just a square or two of dark chocolate each day.
11. Onion / Garlic: Selenium, a trace element in onions and garlic, lowers the level of inflammation and preserves the elasticity of the skin. Add them to your diet daily.
12. Beetroot: If you want clear skin without investing in expensive creams or ointments, prepare yourself a glass of beetroot juice along with carrots. Both have detoxifying and antioxidant properties that fight free radicals by purifying the body from the inside.
13. Pumpkin Seeds: These seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and zinc and also reduce the occurrence of cystic acne.
14. Leafy green vegetables: Whether you want to get rid of acne or not, leafy green vegetables should be included in your daily diet as they are loaded with vitamins A, E, iron, zinc, and other minerals that are effective in fighting inflammation and improving the quality of the texture Skin.
15. Yogurt: Various studies are high in probiotics and have linked daily yogurt consumption to reductions in fatness and breakouts. However, if you are allergic to dairy products, you can also apply it topically to take advantage of this amazing ingredient.
Last but not least, drink plenty of water as dehydration can worsen all types of skin problems, including acne. If you want to lose weight by eating the right kind of food, check out the Rati Beauty weekly diets on the Rati Beauty app.
50 Best Moisturizers For Oily, Acne-Prone Skin
10 best creams for acne scars and dark circles