Yippie, you have now reached your goal weight after following diet programs in the Rati Beauty app for several weeks! Now finally people, friends, family, relatives, neighbors and enemies have started noticing a lighter version of you, and compliments are showering from all sides! At this point, you don’t want to do anything that would sabotage the current weight and frame that you have achieved after immense hard work. Maintaining your ideal weight is still a struggle, if not an uphill battle, as all the extra pounds are lost, and for some people not adding extra pounds to their existing frame is an ongoing struggle. If you follow the right diet and exercise routine you can reach your goal weight, but the task is hardly finished as the body finds different ways to hoard all of that lost fat. Certain studies that have been conducted have found that only about 20% of people who have lost weight are able to maintain their weight. Moving from the weight loss phase to the maintenance phase should be a breeze as your weight will remain stable throughout. Maintaining weight loss is all about changing a healthy lifestyle. If you are unsure of what to do next, we have listed 15 ways to lower your weight after losing weight.
1. Slow transition: Make a promise to yourself that you will not go back to your old eating habits as they were primarily responsible for making you obese. Make healthy eating a part of your lifestyle and slowly switch from the calorie-deficient weight loss diet, keeping an eye on the portion size and eating calmly and mindfully.
2. Stay in the support group and the diet program: keep following the weekly Rati Beauty diets as these diets will transform healthy eating habits into healthy living habits and you would not lose weight again. They used to run a calorie deficit to lose weight, where when the body was under-supplied with calories, the body would reach for stored fat to get fuel for its daily activities. However, since you no longer need to burn fat, you can eat a few extra calories. without overeating or overeating. Exercise should also be a routine activity while increasing your caloric intake. Remember, even with weight loss, you need to eat the right kind of food, not a crash diet. The same guideline applies to maintaining weight.
3. Include protein in every meal: Protein has a thermogenic effect on the body, helps burn more calories, preserves muscle mass and increases the satiety hormone “leptin”. In addition, it boosts the metabolism and inhibits unnecessary cravings. Protein not only helps with weight loss but also with maintaining it. Make sure there is a source of protein in every main meal – here’s a list of the 15 best lean protein food sources that can help you lose weight.
4. Do not stop portion control: As mentioned above, do not stop portion control as it is important not only to lose weight, but also to maintain current weight and prevent lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease. Keep eating from small plates or bowls for portion control to avoid overeating. There’s also an amazing scientific study out there that says that eating from a bowl rather than a plate makes your brain feel cheated and satisfied. You would feel full if you were to eat the same amount of food from a small bowl that you were eating from a larger plate.
5. Eating mindfully: Eating mindfully will make you feel full when there is less food on your plate. So, Here Are 9 Mindful Eating Hacks To Eat Right And Lose Weight.
6. Healthy Swaps: The most important change needed to lose weight, get healthy, and lose weight is to swap unhealthy foods in your diet for healthy alternatives. Here is a list of 50 healthy food swaps that everyone should definitely try
7. Keep a food journal: People who keep a food journal often find that writing down each meal in a notebook helps them eliminate potential fattening and unhealthy foods. A food journal also helps establish a food routine and reduce the frequency of snacks – all of which will help keep the weight off.
8. Allow an hour for training: Regular training, even if it is brisk, should also be a priority after losing weight. Because you have consumed more calories and are no longer on a low-calorie diet, due importance should be given to exercising to burn off excess calories.
9. NEAT Activities: NEAT stands for Thermogenesis of Activities without Movement and is the energy we use for everything we do in our daily life, except when we sleep or exercise. Use the stairs instead of the elevator, crouch on the floor to lift something, walk while you are on the phone. Any activity we do while on our feet falls under NEAT. All of these activities help burn some amount of calories, and those calories consumed here and there add up to a considerable amount as you are trying to lose weight. Read more about how you can incorporate NEAT activities into your daily life here.
10. Finding ways to relieve stress: Emotional or stressful eating is a situation in which one eats to feel good and comfortable, to cope with trauma, to relieve stress rather than to satisfy hunger. Find different ways like meditation, yoga, a new hobby to relieve stress and, most importantly, relieve emotions with food.
11. Get 7 hours of sleep: There is a direct relationship between weight gain and sleep deprivation. Without getting enough sleep, you would no doubt gain weight. As mentioned earlier, poor quality sleep is one of the main reasons for weight gain and obesity. In fact, if you’re desperate to get rid of belly fat, just get a good night’s sleep. When you’re not getting a sound sleep, it has spiraling effects on weight and health – it lowers leptin (satiety hormone) levels, increases cortisol production, makes metabolism sluggish, lowers fat burning enzymes and increases levels of the hunger hormone “ghrelin”.
12. Make Up All Or Nothing: It doesn’t matter if you haven’t eaten properly in the past few days, because each meal is a new opportunity to get back on track. Don’t go into the all-or-nothing posture as it can lead to weight gain.
13. Become a mentor to someone who is struggling to lose weight: Help someone struggling to lose weight, and inspire and encourage them to lose extra pounds. Share your experiences, eating habits, etc. so you can prevent weight gain.
14. Grocery Shopping Mindful: Your grocery list can, to a good degree, determine whether you would lose weight or gain a few extra pounds. If you want to maintain your current weight, it is advisable to give some priority to grocery shopping. Check out 8 grocery shopping mistakes that can hinder weight loss and why you should correct them right away.
15. Weigh yourself regularly: don’t keep the scales away yet. Keep track of weight fluctuations and weigh yourself every week, if not daily. If you kept track and monitored your weight, you wouldn’t put on any extra weight.
50 healthy food swaps that everyone should definitely try
Smart Ways To Eat Healthy Foods To Lose Weight