A “cheating meal” once a week is a necessary evil in any weight loss plan. If someone asks you to swear off your favorite food forever, it is most likely that you are following the wrong eating plan. Fraudulent meals are important to reset your metabolism, satisfy food cravings, prevent binge eating, overcome the weight loss plateau, and most importantly, to better stick to your diet plan. An ideal cheat meal shouldn’t ruin your weight loss efforts or leave you feeling guilty. Too much withdrawal can lead to intrusive thoughts about foods that would make it difficult to stick to your diet plan. If you are trying to lose weight, the total caloric intake per day should be between 1500 and 1600 and should not exceed 1800 calories. A cheating meal should have its own set of rules to help you reach your goal weight goal. As mentioned above, having a good cheat meal will help you get past a weight loss plateau. That is why Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diets help eat a fraudulent meal once a week to fuel weight loss efforts. In this post, we list 10 rules for cheat meals for weight loss that everyone should try. It is a reward-based diet strategy that allows you to indulge in your favorite food once a week outside of your diet program and create the conditions for further burning of additional body fat.
Why is cheat meal important?
Cheating meal is a major factor in losing weight because when you cut down calories sharply to lose weight, the body tends to lower its metabolism to keep fat storage firmer. It is a fact that the human body does not like to lose weight and works in different ways to save fat. If you follow a weight loss diet and stay in calorie deficit for a period of time, you will reach a weight loss plateau where the body slows down its metabolism in order to maintain fat. To avoid such situations, it is necessary to cheat a meal once a week in order to trick the body into believing that food is available and it is okay to keep burning fat. Cheat meal helps reset a sluggish metabolism. So treat yourself to a cheat meal when you are out with family or friends to lose weight faster.
10 Cheat Meal Rules For Weight Loss:
1. Cheat meal is not an opportunity to binge eat: Cheat meal is an opportunity to indulge in your favorite meal, not an opportunity to binge eat, overeat, overeat, and fall off the weight loss cart. Ideally, only eat 300 more calories in your cheat meal and don’t eat until you are sick during the cheat meal.
2. Think of a cheating meal as a way to reset your metabolism: Choose the meal that will help you lose weight, aka jumpstarting a sluggish metabolism. Choosing foods high in trans fats, processed foods, and too many sugary treats can have a detrimental effect. Choose products with carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats, etc. that will boost your metabolism.
3. Don’t stretch the cheat meal into a cheat weekend: Limit yourself to one cheat meal a week. Some studies have shown that fraudulent meals stretching over the weekend or two days in a row can throw you off the weight loss cart entirely.
4. Don’t Save All Your Calories For The Weekend: Someone rightly said that our bodies are not bank accounts and it wouldn’t work to save calories all week to eat in a fraudulent meal. Our bodies are smart enough to store any extra calories in cells as fat, so “saving calories for the weekend” wouldn’t work.
5. Combine non-sugary, refined carbohydrates and high-fat products in one cheat meal: Pick only one category of food sources, as adding all three categories would result in an extremely unhealthy meal that increases the rate of inflammation in the body.
3. Eat a healthy meal before the cheat: To ensure you don’t get binge eating during a cheat meal, eat a protein or fiber-rich snack to feel a little full and successfully avoid over-indulgence during the Main meal.
4. Eat a plate of lettuce before the cheat meal: It is a good idea to pick a plate of lettuce before the cheat meal to reduce caloric intake later.
5. Exercise 15 minutes before the cheat meal: If you exercise before a cheat meal or if you exercise moderately intensively, the body has a tendency to burn up existing sugar and glycogen stores, and this means you have plenty of room for high-carbohydrate foods , where they are used to replenish glycogen stores rather than targeting fat cells to be stored as fat.
6. Before deciding on a fraudulent meal, scan the restaurant’s menu: It is a good idea to check the restaurant / hotel menu online to select healthy dishes. Nowadays, one can easily find soft copies of the menu online and make an informed decision about what type of dish is low in calories and what type of food would not throw your weight loss goals in the ditch. Additionally, you can also call the hotel / restaurant and ask about the healthy options available. They are happy to suggest such dishes.
7. Eat what you want, not whatever you can: eat a slice of pizza, not the whole pizza, a few pieces of chocolate, not the whole bar, a scoop or two of ice cream, not the whole tub. Even with a fraudulent meal, you need to practice portion control to avoid feeling guilty later.
8. Avoid high fat meals: It should come as no surprise, but dietary fat is easily stored as body fat compared to carbohydrates or protein meals.
9. Practice Mindful Eating: Mindful eating will make you more aware of the types of foods you eat, the amounts you will consume, prevent overeating, and help you make the right kind of food choices. It makes you more aware of clues from the satiety hormone “leptin” as to when to stop eating as soon as you are full. Here Are 9 Mindful Eating Hacks to Eat Right and Lose Weight.
10. Don’t Starve To Eat Later: If you starve yourself all day because you know you will eat much later, you will end up eating even more.
Every meal is a new opportunity and it’s important to get back on track as soon as the fraudulent meal is over. All or nothing attitude.
9 Mindful Eating Hacks To Eat Right And Lose Weight
Eating these simple things can satisfy cravings