It goes without saying that you need to follow a proper diet and exercise routine to lose even 10 pounds of body weight. Although you can shed those initial pounds pretty effortlessly; Moving stubborn layers of fat, which make up a majority of the weight, would be a difficult task. In most cases, the scales refused to move after losing some water weight. After that, a lack of knowledge of what to do and what would ultimately work would bring the entire weight loss process to a halt. That is why people on Rati Beauty are able to lose a significant amount of weight and achieve their goal, as the weekly diets and exercise routine are easy to follow, not on the concept of food deprivation or crash dieting and appropriate guidance is given at each step. Sustainable weight management is only possible through a healthy diet, as in the Rati Beauty App. Back to the weight loss struggles, as we tend to up the ante and increase the intensity of exercise and reduce calories, the primitive tendency of the body to resist weight loss efforts and cling to its fat storage lowers the body Metabolism and increases the level of the hunger hormone “ghrelin” which unbalances hormones to help maintain fat storage. However, if you still feel like you are doing everything right and are in your power to become an easier version of yourself, we’d like to point out that there are various little-known factors that could bring the process to a halt . In this post, we are going to highlight some of the reasons why you are struggling to lose weight.
1. Let Down Wake Up Weekend: If you’ve stuck to your diet all week but prolonged the cheat meal into a cheat weekend, undo a week’s hassle. Practice mindful eating at the weekend and keep an eye on caloric intake even when you socialize or hang out with friends. Most importantly, you keep the “cheat meal” as a one-time treat rather than becoming a two-day affair.
2. Overeating Healthy Foods: It is important to be calorie deficit while eating healthy foods as well (Read – 18 Great Tips To Create A Calorie Deficit While Losing Weight) This is a common mistake people looking to lose weight make – they don’t count calories with healthy foods – and that includes avocado, oatmeal, and even fruit. Without maintaining the calorie deficit, weight loss is impossible, and it is a fact. Calories in should be less than calories out, but we tend to ignore this formula when it comes to healthy eating. Oats, almonds, fruits, and brown rice are all healthy, but they still contain calories that can add up and lead to weight gain.
3. Not Eating Mindfully During Parties / Festivals / Social Gatherings: Since the festive season is not over and the New Year is just around the corner, practice mindful eating on such occasions. Most importantly, even if you have stalled on the diet, you get back on your feet the next time you eat, as each meal is a new opportunity to start over and get back on track.
4. Forget to count calories in extra nibbles, bites, licks, and taste tests: take a few bites here and there, nibble on just one piece of chocolate, just lick the cream off a few biscuits, and take taste tests as you cook – All of them trigger the release of the hormone insulin and every time the insulin level rises it triggers fat storage. So let each bite count along with the licks and nibbles!
5. Exaggerate exercise without rest days: Exercise is an important factor that leads to the breakdown of fat layers. However, exercising every day without rest days would prove counterproductive as it would result in lower metabolism, hormonal imbalances, and an increase in stress – all of which lead to weight gain.
6. Exercise for just an hour and get immobile for the rest of the day: Exercising for just an hour in the gym and spending the rest of the day at your desk or couch does not result in any major weight loss because you have to stay active all day and therefore practicing NEAT activities is necessary. Read here how you can burn extra calories with NEAT activities.
7. Eat less, but most of it is unhealthy food: Okay, so you count every calorie throughout the day and stay within the calorie count to lose weight, but a large portion of those calories come from unhealthy foods like transfats, and sugar oily food. Such a strategy would not work in the long term, since trans fat, sugar, do not provide the body with food and, on the contrary, trigger weight gain in everyone. Switch to healthy whole food products and check out such diets for weight loss in the Rati Beauty app.
8. Portion Control Out of Control: In order to maintain the calorie deficit, it is imperative to control portions. Switch to smaller plates and larger glasses for portion control, and forego second servings. Also, avoid eating straight out of packets and boxes of groceries to keep track of portions.
9. Chronic inflammation: Chronic inflammation affects the normal functioning of the body – from digestion to hormonal function to metabolism and weight gain. If the body stays inflamed for an extended period of time, it can lead to heart attack, stroke, high risk of cancer, digestive problems, type 2 diabetes, and so on. When there is inflammation in the body, it becomes extremely difficult to lose weight. and so you can reduce inflammation in the body.
10. Not getting enough sleep: As we have always suggested, sleep deprivation and changes in daily rhythm are directly linked to weight gain. The only rule of thumb that you should follow when trying to lose weight is to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night and stay away from the blue lights of the devices in order to have a sound sleep at night. Lack of sleep throws key fat-burning hormones off balance, and weight gain is a direct result of fewer hours of shuteye.
11. Dehydration: Since the human body is approximately 60% water, it is imperative to perform all of the key functions in the body, from digestion to the synthesis of various hormones and enzymes in the body. It is also important for muscle function and the fat burning process. Don’t limit your water consumption to just 8 glasses a day; you need at least 2 liters of water to stay well hydrated and increase weight loss.
12. Chronic Stress: In stressful situations, the adrenal gland releases a hormone called “cortisol”, which triggers cravings and the release of glucose, and further slows the metabolism to cope with stressful situations. All of these factors would make the body gain weight and stop any fat burning efforts.
13. Intestines not strong enough: Fat burning only takes place when the intestines are healthy. Therefore, prebiotics and probiotics, which support healthy bacteria in the gut, promote better absorption and delivery of nutrients into the bloodstream. A healthy gut is also the secret to weight loss. So keep him strong with a good intake of prebiotics and probiotics, as well as fermented foods.
14. Not enough protein: It is an important nutrient that has a thermogenic effect, keeps you full for a long time, increases the metabolism and accelerates the fat-burning process. Here are some amazing sources of vegetarian protein to include in your diet.
15. Frequent snacking: Frequent snacking leads to frequent spikes in insulin that cause excess calories to be stored as fat, especially around the abdomen and hips.
16. Hormonal imbalance: Thyroid, insulin, growth hormone, leptin, and ghrelin imbalances in particular can trigger weight gain as they all affect your metabolism in one way or another. Ask your doctor how to use these hormones to help you lose weight.
9 Mindful Eating Hacks To Eat Right And Lose Weight
18 Great Tips for Running a Calorie Deficit While Losing Weight