If there’s one golden rule that you should absolutely follow when trying to lose weight – it’s “drink at least 8 glasses of water a day!” It’s hard to deny that drinking water helps you lose weight throughout the day. Ordinary water affects fat loss in several ways – it helps flush out toxins, has absolutely no calories, boosts your metabolism, and keeps hunger pangs at bay. Since dehydration also leads to water retention, to the chagrin of a dieter it can push the scales up. Since the human body is about 60% water, it is imperative to perform all of the key functions in the body, from digestion to the synthesis of various hormones and fat-burning enzymes in the body. For people who exercise regularly, enough water is important for muscle function and repair as well as promoting fat burning. Don’t limit your water consumption to just 8 glasses a day, drink as much as you can because someone rightly said, “If you drink a gallon of water a day, you don’t have time for other people’s drama because you’re too busy be going to pee! “Since we all understand the importance of water in losing weight, it would also be very helpful to know the best times to drink water for weight loss faster.
How does water help you lose weight?
1. Suppresses appetite: When you drink enough water, the stomach expands and the brain feels that the stomach is full, which lowers the levels of the hunger hormone. Also, in most cases, people mistake hunger signals for thirst and may eat unhealthy foods when all they really need is water!
2. Flushes Out Toxins: When you drink enough water, the body works very well to flush out toxins and relieve symptoms of gas and constipation.
3. Accelerates lipolysis: The fat-burning process is called “lipolysis”. The first step in this process is “hydrolysis,” which is where water mixes with fat molecules to create glycerin and three fatty acids. After this process, the fat is converted into energy.
4. Water makes exercise more efficient by regulating body temperature and preventing muscle fatigue. It also prevents dehydration, also lubricates the joints and reduces the risk of injury.
5. Prevents water retention: With dehydration comes water retention. If you drink enough water, the water reservoirs will be replenished and the cells will not hold onto extra water.
Best Times To Drink Water To Accelerate Weight Loss:
1. As soon as you wake up: swap the obligatory cup of coffee or tea in bed as soon as you wake up with a warm glass of water to activate the internal organs and flush out toxins. Since you wake up dehydrated after a long period of sleep, it takes a good amount of water to rehydrate and boost your metabolism. It also helps in cleaning up the system.
2. Throughout Your Workout: Get the most out of your workout by sipping water throughout your workout, as losing as little as 2% of water through sweat can reduce exercise performance by 25%. Always hold a water bottle during moderate to vigorous physical activity.
3. After exercise: As mentioned earlier, when exercising, you tend to lose water through sweat. Hence, it becomes important to replenish lost water, and it also helps to bring body temperature and heart rate back to normal.
2. Half an hour before you eat: We talked about preloading water, which reduces caloric intake by a good amount. Having a glass of water before a meal can help you feel full with less food and prevent overeating. Read more about “water preloading” and its importance for weight loss in this article.
3. Along with high fiber foods: We all know that eating high fiber foods is great for losing weight. However, did you know that the fiber needs a good amount of water to function properly? Drinking water with foods rich in fiber supports digestion, prevents constipation and increases nutrient absorption.
4. Before bedtime – Drinking a glass of cold water before bed is believed to help burn more calories than warm water. It also helps balance the blood and prevent heart attacks, and best of all, it helps you sleep better.
More amazing ways to lose weight through various diet programs in the Rati Beauty app.
How pre-loading water can increase weight loss
How to properly drink water to lose weight