How many times have you heard this line “fill half your plate with vegetables” to promote weight loss? With a few exceptions, vegetables are extremely low in calories and are considered to be one of the most filling foods. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, proteins, and minerals that are necessary for the synthesis of essential hormones and enzymes that promote weight loss. Although healthy foods should be consumed in limited amounts, an exception is fresh vegetables that you can eat as much as possible and rarely run into a calorie excess! Think about who has ever gained weight from eating a plate of bhindi masala! In fact, health experts recommend consuming 2 to 3 servings of vegetables daily. However, if you absolutely loathe eating vegetables day in and day out, here are 9 fun ways to eat more vegetables for weight loss.
Why You Should Eat Vegetables Every Day:
- Rich in vitamins.
- Rich in fiber.
- Source of trace elements – potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese, copper, etc.
- Low in calories.
- Increases weight loss.
9 Interesting Ways To Eat More Vegetables For Weight Loss:
1. Replace white rice with cauliflower rice: White rice is a staple food for most Indians and is consumed on a daily basis in most households around the world. Therefore, life without white rice is hard to imagine. White rice is a refined food that has torn off most of its fiber content during the refining and polishing process. You get a large chunk of carbohydrate that can add to your weight. Have you ever thought about replacing rice with “traveled” cauliflower? You’d be stocking up on cauliflower if we told you it only contains 25 calories per 100g. Simply rub the cauliflower florets into a rice-like consistency and make what you want with them – from pulao to biryani, the possibilities are endless.
2. Eat salad with every meal: To curb appetite and avoid overeating, eat a bowl of salad (without store-bought salad dressing) before each meal. You would get a good dose of antioxidants, fiber, and nutrients in just one bowl of salad.
3. Add them to the soup: An easy and quick way to put a whole load of vegetables in a single serving – add them to a soup! In this way, you can also reduce calories in subsequent meals. Green peas, cabbage, beans, carrots, corn, all can be added to delicious soups with ginger and garlic!
4. Make Lasagna From Fresh Vegetables: This Can Even Be Your Dishonest Meal! Add zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, spinach and many other vegetables for a delicious treat.
5. Make pasta out of zucchini: Invest a spiralizer and make thin pasta out of zucchini, carrots, and even sweet potatoes. If a spiralizer is not available, you can also cut these vegetables into julienne strips.
6. Green Juice: Make delicious, nutritious green juice by adding spinach and cucumber along with these fruits (full recipe here). Do you know that Alia Bhat loves to drink beetroot juice to add glow to her skin? You can find more information about vegetable juice recipes here.
7. Add them to the omelette: Eggs and vegetables make the healthiest combination – you can add onions, peppers, spinach, and even tomatoes to the omelette to add more flavor and nutrients.
8. Make Vegetables Upma: Carrots, beans, green peas, potatoes, beans can take the flavor of mild upma to another level.
9. Vegetable Chips: No, we’re not talking about packaged potato chips! You can make homemade crispies and chips with sweet potatoes, beets, and even beetroot! Remember to bake them, not deep-fry them.
Check out the Rati Beauty app for more fun and creative ways to eat vegetables to lose weight.
Healthy alternatives to white rice for weight loss
Ultimate green smoothie for weight loss