1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brown 1 1/2 lbs. 93% lean turkey in a large pan over medium. Add a 1 to 1.25 ounce package of mild taco seasoning mix, 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes with chili peppers (drained), 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels (fresh or frozen), and 1 medium zucchini, grated. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the zucchini is soft and the liquid is almost gone.
2. Roll out two 1-pounds on a floured surface. Scoops of chilled whole wheat pizza dough into two 10 by 16 inch rectangles. Place the dough individually on a large parchment-covered baking sheet and fill. Scatter 3/4 cup of grated Monterey Jack cheese over half of the batter along the long edge of each calzone, leaving a 3/4 inch rim. Pour half of the turkey mixture over the cheese. Finish with 1/2 cup of grated Monterey Jack. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges very firmly together to seal them. Repeat with the second batter. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
3. Serve 1 sliced calzone with salsa, if desired.
Eat it again!
4. Cool the second calzone, wrap it in plastic, and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. Unpack and heat at 425 degrees Celsius, frozen for about 25 minutes.
5. Prepare 10 to 12 individual calzones instead of 2 large ones. Leftovers are good for work or lunch at school.
Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount per serving: cal. (Kcal): 496, fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 63, sat. Fat (g): 6, carbohydrates. (g): 58, monounsaturated fat (g): 3, polyunsaturated fat (g): 6, trans fatty acid (g):, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 2, per. (g): 25, vit. A (IE): 571, vit. C (mg): 6, thiamine (mg): 1, riboflavin (mg):, niacin (mg): 8, pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg):, folate (µg): 128, cobalamin (Vit. B12 ) (ug): 1, sodium (mg): 711, potassium (mg): 390, calcium (mg): 202, iron (mg): 4, Daily percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.