These baked spinach filled chicken breast fillets with sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese are high in protein and low in carbohydrates – a filling meal in one!
Stuffed chicken breast with spinach and tomato feta
No boring chicken breasts here! I knew this spinach, tomato and feta mix, inspired by my stuffed portobello recipe from the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook, would be amazingly stuffed in a chicken breast. This dish has a taste overload. Not to mention, it’s high in protein and low in carbohydrates – a filling meal rolled into one! If you want, add a side salad. For more stuffed chicken recipes, try roasted red pepper and ham-stuffed chicken, and sun-dried tomato and cheese-stuffed chicken rollatini.
Stuffed Chicken Ingredients:
This chicken is packed with delicious Italian ingredients:
- vegetables: Sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, shallots and garlic
- cheese: Feta and Parmesan
- Herbs: Basil and oregano
- Staples: Panko, salt and olive oil
How to stuff
After you’ve cut a pocket into the sides of the chicken breast, add ¾ cup of the vegetable and cheese mixture to each piece. If necessary, you can use a toothpick to hold the chicken together.
Then fry the chicken in a cast iron pan for a few minutes on both sides and then put it in the oven to bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Cook until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Tips for spinach-tomato-feta-stuffed chicken breast:
- Look for organic chicken that usually has smaller breasts.
- Be careful not to cut all the way through your chicken breast.
- Chop your ingredients so they all fit inside the chicken.
- If you don’t have an oven-safe or cast-iron pan, fry the chicken in a pan first, then place it in an oven-safe bowl.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- To freeze the leftovers, transfer them to a freezer-proof container and freeze for up to three months.
More Easy Stuffed Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
Filled chicken breast with spinach and tomato feta
Preparation time: 15th min
Cooking time: 20th min
Total time: 35 min
This feta-filled chicken breast with spinach tomatoes is filled with an aromatic mixture of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese, seared in a pan and then baked to perfection.
- 4th Organic boneless, Skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 3/4 TL kosher salt
- 3/4 TL paprika
- 1/2 TL Garlic powder
- 1 Cup Baby spinach, chopped
- 2/3 Cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon simple or gluten-free panko
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the sides of each chicken breast. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through, just enough to make room for the spinach mixture.
Season both sides of each chicken breast with 3/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Put aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, feta cheese, shallots, garlic, basil, panko, oregano, parmesan, salt and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
Mix well and set aside.
Spread the spinach mixture on the chicken breast and fill in about 3/4 cup each. If necessary, you can use toothpicks to close the chicken breast.
Heat a large, ovenproof or cast iron pan over medium heat.
Add the remaining oil and sauté the chicken breasts for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until brown.
Transfer the pan to the oven and stop cooking for 12 to 15 minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Take out of the oven and tent for 5 minutes before eating.
Remove toothpicks and eat immediately.
Portion: 1stuffed chest, Calories: 407kcal, Carbohydrates: 7thG, Protein: 44.5G, Fat: 22ndG, Saturated fatty acids: 6.5G, Cholesterol: 148mg, Sodium: 830mg, Fiber: 1.5G, Sugar: 3.5G
Blue Smart Points: 6th
Green Smart Points: 8th
Purple Smart Points: 6th
Keywords: Baked Stuffed Chicken Breast, Low Carbohydrate Stuffed Chicken Breast, Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast, Stuffed Chicken Breast
Posted January 4, 2021 by Gina
Don’t miss a recipe!
Receive new free recipes and exclusive content straight to your inbox: