So we are finally in 2021 and those of us who have “weight loss” at the top of the New Year’s breakup list may be looking for infallible ways to take extra shifts. When you’ve made up your mind to melt away all those extra pounds, we’re here to help you with effective, foolproof tips that can lead you to a lighter version of yourself. The benefits of losing weight and fitting into old skinny jeans are myriad, and that’s just one of them! From losing weight to getting better energy and mood, losing 10% of your body weight can significantly lower your risk of health problems like type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Here is a list of 21 painless steps to lose weight in 2021.
1. Start with a Perfect Weight Loss Plan: Since weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise, diet should be given due importance. Therefore, starting the right type of weight loss diet, such as the Rati Beauty App, is of paramount importance. When you start eating healthily on these diets, you will run into a calorie deficit and it is more than half the battle won trying to lose weight.
2. Say Yes to Healthy Fats: Many people consider “fats” the bad guy on a weight loss diet. Of course, the wrong kind of fat can lead to weight gain, but it is a myth that if you want to lose weight, you should eliminate “fat” entirely from your diet, or at least go “low fat”. In reality, however, eating healthy fats can help you get leaner. In addition, unlike carbohydrates, healthy fats do not cause insulin spikes and, as we all know, “insulin” is a hormone that also triggers fat storage. If there is too much insulin in the blood, there is a higher chance it will be stored as fat. Healthy fats boost your metabolism instead of making it sluggish. Walnuts, flax seeds, soybeans, tofu, eggs, and dark chocolate all have the healthy kind of fats.
3. Switch to a Healthy Edible Oil: If you’ve made the decision to clean up your diet to lose weight by getting rid of junk food and cutting down on sugar, changing your cooking oil is also a good idea. For more information, check out this list of the healthiest edible oils for Indian cuisine.
4. Counting liquid calories: We often miss keeping track of the calories we consume from fruit juices, soft drinks, sodas, smoothies, etc. Since fruit juices have no fiber content, they won’t keep you full for long. Post-workout shakes, milkshakes, and smoothies all contain calories that can keep your calorie count just as high as solid foods. The trick with liquid calories is that you cannot measure them, so you need to be careful and make sure that their consumption is limited as much as possible.
5. Exercise 5 times a week: Set aside only 30 to 40 minutes of any 24 hours for exercise / workout as you exercise the entire weight loss process. As mentioned above, weight loss is roughly 80% diet and 20% exercise. By conserving exercise while losing weight, you can lose pounds and pounds but will not get a toned physique or shape to reach your goal weight. You can start with 5-minute exercises like planks, jumping jacks, squats, lunges, push-ups, high knees, or follow the exercise routines in the Rati Beauty app.
6. Practice clean eating: Clean eating is mostly about eating whole and natural foods in your daily diet and completely eliminating processed foods. Switching to local products and unprocessed foods will nourish your body, lose weight, and eliminate many health problems by reducing inflammation as well. To eat cleanly, you would need to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet, get rid of refined carbohydrates, say no to preservative foods, avoid sugar entirely, avoid packaged snacks, and opt for grass-fed butter and ghee. By eating clean, you would be putting yourself on a diet high in protein, complex carbohydrates, antioxidants, trace elements, vitamins, and fiber, and all of them in proportion to Rati Beauty diet programs.
7. Load up on healthy foods: From white refined sugar to white rice to maida, weed out all white things except of course vegetables like cauliflower and dairy products. These white things add a ton of calories to your body with little to no nutritional value. In fact, here are 10 amazing ways to eat healthily.
8. Reduce added sugar: Added sugar is extremely bad for weight loss and that’s because it makes weight gain easier in several ways. It sharpens the hormone insulin, which not only regulates blood sugar, but also triggers fat storage. In addition, sugar also triggers inflammation in the body and carries the risk of developing life-threatening disorders. Ice cream, candy, chocolates, cakes, cupcakes all have added sugar, but a majority of packaged and processed foods have added sugar as well. So read the ingredients list first.
9. Increase Chromium Through Natural Food: Chromium is a trace element found in spring onions, nuts, eggs, etc. It improves the body’s response to insulin and lowers blood sugar. It also helps in curbing appetite and food cravings. In addition, it helps you metabolize carbohydrates for fuel.
10. Completely reject processed foods and trans fats: Processed foods and trans fats are high in sodium, calories, and unhealthy fats and can lead to rapid weight gain. And because of that, here are 15 trans fat foods that you should avoid in order to lose weight effectively.
11. Cover half of your plate with vegetables: Most vegetables are extremely low in calories and provide the body with the vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, proteins, and minerals necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that promote weight loss. Although healthy foods should be consumed in limited amounts, an exception is fresh vegetables that you can eat as much as possible without getting out of the calorie deficit. A healthy diet should encourage 2 to 3 servings of vegetables daily. However, if you don’t like vegetables day in and day out, here are 9 fun ways to eat more vegetables for weight loss. Here are 9 fun ways to eat more vegetables for weight loss.
12. Portion Control: Portion control is an essential aspect not only to lose weight, but also to maintain optimal health and prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease. Portion control is important in order to stay in a calorie deficit without losing weight. Here are 10 food portion control tips for weight loss.
13. Empty Stomach Exercise: Empty stomach exercise helps the body deplete glycogen stores and reach for stored fat for energy and fuel. Exercising on an empty stomach increases the level of fat oxidation and lipolysis.
14. Cheat meal once a week: A “cheat meal” is strongly recommended, as it helps to stimulate a sluggish metabolism, to satisfy cravings, to prevent binge eating and to overcome the weight loss plateau and above all to better adhere to your diet plan. Follow These 10 Cheat Meal Rules For Weight Loss.
15. Eat local produce: From millet to locally produced vegetables and fruits, opt for fresh, organic produce that will keep their freshness for a long time and provide the body nutrients that help with overall fat burning. Nutrients from vegetables inundate the body with B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, among others, and all of these nutrients are essential for the synthesis of hormones that also help with weight loss.
16. Go For These Healthy Swaps: The most important change to start your weight loss or get healthy in general is to swap unhealthy foods in your diet for healthy alternatives. Replacing unhealthy foods with healthier options will speed up your weight loss and act as a stepping stone to great success. Check out this list of 50 healthy food swaps everyone should definitely try.
17. Make your gut resilient: Experts have long highlighted the strong link between good gut health and weight loss. The friendly bacteria that reside in the gut are necessary to extract nutrients from food, balance key fat-burning hormones, and control stress hormones – all of these factors fuel the entire weight loss process. In this way you can strengthen the intestines and initiate weight loss.
18. Get More Sleep: As we have always suggested, there is a strong link between sleep deprivation and weight gain. When someone sleeps less than 7 hours, they tend to have high levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin and the stress hormone cortisol, which can increase cravings and appetite, and cause you to eat more, leading to weight gain. Don’t compromise on sleeping less than 7 hours a night.
19. Eat more fermented foods: Fermented foods provide healthy probiotic bacteria that create a resilient digestive system, and a healthy gut is the secret to burning fat. Dahi, tofu, dhokla, and cheese are good examples of fermented foods.
20. Include a source of protein in every meal: Fitness trainers, dietitians, and health experts all unanimously recommend keeping your protein levels high in order to lose weight. When you consume protein, it increases the levels of satiety hormones, helps burn more calories by inducing thermogenesis, and reduces appetite by lowering levels of the hunger hormone “ghrelin”. It also helps build muscle. Here are 15 lean sources of protein to include in your diet.
21. Reduced Stress: Stress is just as bad for weight loss as it is for general health. Increased stress leads to a hormone called cortisol, which leads to weight gain. An important tip to shedding those extra pounds is to worry less about situations and stay carefree. Don’t make losing weight a job, make it a hobby or a passion. This will change the way you think about it and cause less stress in your head. Let’s discuss how to get rid of stress to get fit and some tips you can follow to fight stress.
How Eating Fats Can Make You Thin
7 low-fat cooking oils for Indian cuisine