Mindful eating and portion control are two factors that can put you into a calorie deficit and ultimately lead to weight loss. On the contrary, senseless eating is the uninhibited tendency to eat without acknowledging the signals of the satiety hormone “leptin”. Eating senselessly leads to the build-up of calories and makes you unaware of what type of food you are eating, what amount you are consuming, which leads to binge eating and overeating. Since we learned the importance of mindful eating in a previous post, we’ve listed tips on how to stop eating senselessly in order to lose weight.
1. Eat from smaller plates: This is considered a foolproof strategy for getting your brain to believe that a smaller meal is actually big. It would help you not move on to second servings and practice portion control effectively.
2. Switch to the meal plans for the Rati Beauty program for weight loss: The weight loss diets in the Rati Beauty app will help you lose extra pounds and achieve a lighter and fitter version of yourself with the right diet plans and exercise routines . Download the app on your phone for more information.
3. Out of sight, out of your head: Limit access to unhealthy foods like french fries, cookies, chocolates, cupcakes, donuts, etc. by not keeping them in the kitchen or refrigerator where they are easily accessible. Avoid keeping junk food on the kitchen top, refrigerator, or kitchen cabinets where there may be temptation to eat it. Instead, put fresh fruit on the dining table or on the kitchen counter where you can actually be motivated to eat it.
4. Chew slowly: If you eat too quickly, your brain won’t get the signal to stop once you’re full. This means that you are often eating more than you actually need. Another interesting fact is that it takes the brain about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten something. If you slow down, you can actually hit the saturation point during the eating process itself and keep yourself from piling up extra pounds. When you eat slowly, you reduce your caloric intake and a slow meal makes you think that you have eaten a good amount of food. Practicing this technique can prevent pointless eating.
5. Eat without distractions: Make sure you do this to stop overeating and senseless eating – eat without distractions. This would mean turning off the TV, keeping the phone off and eating in peace so that the satiety hormone sends fullness signals once. You can keep your fork and spoon away to avoid consuming additional calories.
6. Do not buy groceries in bulk: When we buy groceries in bulk in multiple packages and packages, we create an unlimited supply system that can lead to binge eating.
7. Stopping Emotional Eating: Stress eating or emotional eating is a situation in which one eats to feel good and comfortable, to cope with trauma, to relieve stress, to feel less anxious instead of hungry or To satisfy cravings. The foods emotional eaters choose are usually high fat, high sugar, high calorie foods full of trans fats, resulting in weight gain. When someone depends on food to cope with certain situations or to relieve stress, preoccupation with food takes over that person’s life and before they even know it, and they end up becoming obese. Instead, eat these things when stressed out without falling off the diet.
8. Precharge Water: It’s a healthy and almost effortless way to increase weight loss. With this strategy, experts recommend drinking 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such an amount of water before meals will stretch your stomach considerably and as a result the hunger hormone “ghrelin” would be released less. This means that with less food and less calorie intake, you would feel full. It is an effective strategy to combat overeating. Here’s how to practice “preloading water”.
Eat these things when stressed out without falling off diet
How To Eat Up To 80% Full To Lose Weight