Raise your hands if you feel that belly fat is the most stubborn thing to lose and will not budge even with strict diet and exercise. Belly fat can be divided into subcutaneous fat (layer under the skin) and visceral fat (around the muscles and around the abdominal organs). Of the two, visceral fat is seen as a health risk because it causes you to develop type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other life-threatening conditions. However, both types can prevent you from flaunting a ripped waist and a slimmer waist. This is because belly fat, especially less belly fat, is extremely resistant to fat burning. However, don’t give up on dreaming of a slimmer waist just yet because there are still amazing ways to lose fat from your lower belly and read about it here:
1. Follow a Good Weight Loss Diet: It is a fact that one cannot figure out how to reduce belly fat. Follow the 80/20 rule with 80% importance for diet and 20% for exercise. Weight loss would only come from maintaining a calorie deficit – taking in fewer calories than you can burn. It goes without saying that without a fat deficit there would be no fat burning, especially no belly fat. Exercise also helps boost your metabolism, build muscle, and tone the whole body, which wouldn’t be possible with diet alone. For more information on losing weight and melting belly fat, see the weight loss diet programs in the Rati Beauty app.
2. Avoid refined sugars: Excess sugar triggers many undesirable effects in the body and can cause hormonal changes, insulin resistance, which promotes the storage of fat in the abdominal area. When there is too much sugar in your blood, insulin and other hormones convert these sugar molecules into glycogen, or fat, mainly in the stomach area. If you can go on without sugar for 15 days and exercise and diet regularly, you can expect a slim waistline
3. Avoid Trans Fat Completely: Trans fat is an absolute no-no for people on a diet, as studies have shown that transfat can actually move fat from other areas of the body to the abdominal area! Trans fat is artificially made from vegetable oils using a process known as hydrogenation, in which hydrogen molecules are added to the oil. This is done to extend the shelf life of the oil, solidify the oil, and make it more appetizing and suitable for frying. Transfat is also an inexpensive way to add flavor to the oil. However, this process is extremely harmful to the human body as high levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) wreak havoc in the body and risk of developing pathological diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease. Trans fat foods are often found in fried foods, packaged baked goods, and even margarine. Trans fat is one of the reasons why you won’t lose weight even with exercise. Read over 15 trans fat foods to avoid for weight loss.
4. Increase your intake of high protein foods: Protein speeds up the entire weight loss process by boosting metabolism, suppressing appetite and increasing thermogenic effects. All of this leads to the burning of fat from all areas including the abdominal area. Here is the list of the 17 Cheapest Grocery Sources of Protein.
5. HIIT: With no exercise equipment at home, HIIT exercises or high-intensity interval training are the best choices for losing weight, especially in the waist area. Even after you’ve finished the HIIT routine, your body continues to burn calories due to the increased use of oxygen and keep your metabolism high throughout the day. You would be surprised to know that after doing 30 minutes of HIIT workout, you can burn up to 100 calories an hour for 24 hours. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for burning fat, and it also lowers the levels of fat-producing enzymes. HIIT exercises are great for busy women because they burn more fat and calories in less time. Here is a list of some fat burning HIIT exercises you can do at home that would barely take 7 minutes.
6. Core Strengthening: Squats, sit ups, and planks are some of the most common exercises that will strengthen the core and tone the abs and give definition to your core area. Crunch chop, mountain climbers, flutter kicks, frog crunches, knee-elbow kickbacks, rope climbing crunches, knee hugs, half-knee diagonals, planks with side branches, straight arm twist resistors, body saws, bridges with alternating leg extension can all tone your abs and give They will give you a flat stomach if you do this regularly.
7. Planks: No tummy flattening routine is complete without planks. This relatively easy-to-perform exercise can strengthen the core, tone the abs, and burn the belly fat. To do a side plank, lie on your side with your elbow supporting your torso. Now lift your hips off the floor and hold this position for about 30 seconds. Keep your spine in a straight line all the time. Repeat the exercise for three sets of 30 seconds on each side.
8. Practice Naucasana: Yoga poses like Naucasana target the abdominal muscles, increasing metabolism and promoting the fat burning process in the abdominal area.
9. Say yes to omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are a group of polyunsaturated fatty acids that are necessary for the normal and proper functioning of the body and for improving metabolism. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids also promote fat burning, especially belly fat. It also helps reduce the production of the stress hormone “cortisol,” which is strongly linked to fat storage.
10. Reduce Stress: Here’s an interesting study, chronic stress can actually increase belly fat in women who are otherwise slim overall. Excess cortisol (stress hormone) can trigger the storage of fat in the stomach area. The stress hormone cortisol has a strong influence on fat distribution and triggers a large part of it in the middle region. Reduce Stress Using These Techniques To Lose Weight Successfully.
11. Working to Reduce Inflammation Levels: Researchers have found strong links between inflammation and abdominal fat, and vice versa. Read in detail: “Why Inflammation Can Be the Reason You Don’t Lose Weight.”
12. Avoid Liquid Calories: Fruits are healthy, while fruit juices are high in sugar and lose their fiber content. In addition, keeping track of calories is not easy when they are in juice and beverage forms. In fact, liquid calories are easily digested and soon you would be craving more food, adding more calories to your diet that way. Always eat your fruits raw and fresh.
17 Cheapest Grocery Sources of Protein
7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises You Can Do At Home