Extremely frizzy hair with split ends is considered a sign of damaged hair, but brittle and overly dry hair are other signs that require attention. So, if you’ve fried your hair with a flat iron with no heat protectant, or if you’ve just kept that hair color for too long, the damage is already done and now you need to find ways to fix dry, frizzy and damaged hair. This is how you can reverse the damage to restore the shine, shine and shine to your locks.
1. Deeply groomed hair: Your damaged hair needs more than the usual dose of moisture and nutrients. You will need to do deep conditioning treatments at least once or twice a week for three months for visible results. Choose a rich conditioner or hair mask with the ultra-moisturizing fatty acid “cetyl alcohol”. Some good options to check out are Kerastase Masquintense Conditioner, L’oreal Intense Repair, Kerastase Nutritive Hair Mask, or Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. You can also choose an effective homemade deep conditioning mask from this list (10 homemade deep conditioning masks).
2. Hot Oil Treatment: Making a mixture of olive oil and primrose oil is an excellent way to restore the damaged follicle and add shine to the hair. Mix 1-2 slotted capsules of evening primrose oil in half a cup of warm olive oil and use as a hot oil treatment once a week. Wrap your head in a towel soaked in hot water to open your pores and allow the oil to penetrate further. Primrose oil stimulates fresh hair growth so that you can let your damaged hair grow out. Olive oil helps with the same goal, softening, moisturizing and adding extra shine to your already damaged locks.
3. Vitamin E and coconut oil mask: Extract the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules and add them to half a cup of pure coconut oil. You can also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to this mixture. Warm the oil a little and massage into the scalp and hair.
4. Pure aloe vera gel can be applied to the scalp and hair shafts to rebuild the hair structure and repair damage from within.
5. Egg and coconut oil mask: take an egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix the ingredients well. Apply to hair and scalp. Rinse off with a herbal shampoo.
6. Avoid chemical processing and heat styling: Avoid heat styling and chemical relaxants on the hair until the hair regains its shine and shine.
7. Use a heat protectant before you style your hair: Heat protectants are an absolute must if you regularly curl, perm, blow-dry, straighten or crimp a pair of tongs, straighteners or curling irons at high temperatures. While styled hair looks amazing, extreme heat can do a lot of damage. Heat protectants form a layer on strands of hair that serve as protection against high temperatures. Thermal protection products are available in various forms such as spray, mousse, gel, serum, etc. Failure to use heat protectant before styling can result in frizzy, coarse, dry hair with split ends and breakage. Here is a list of the 15 best heat protectant hairsprays available in India that are worth checking out.
8. Switch to Natural Hair Dyes to Cover White Hair: Some natural ingredients can help you cover up gray in your hair. These are wonderful, beneficial, and affordable options for anyone looking to stay away from the chemically loaded hair colors available in the market. Let’s take a look at these natural ingredients that work amazingly well as hair dyes.
9. Trim it: The most effective way to get rid of damaged hair is to cut off the damaged ends. If a shorter hairstyle is acceptable to you, then by all means give it a try. You will be cutting off a lot of the hassle along with your clipped hair by actually reducing the amount of damage you carry around on your head. Shorter hair is also easier to maintain and it is easier to control hair loss caused by damage. If you don’t want this, cut regularly every 3 weeks and gradually cut off the damaged shafts as the hair length continues to grow. In this way, you don’t have to forego the familiar appearance. Keeping the cuts frequent and following the steps above will ensure new growth occurs faster.
10. Take care of your hair: Our hair sometimes needs extra nutrients, especially if it has been damaged. The best way to get this is to switch to healthy eating, such as in the Rati Beauty app. Also, get plenty of lean protein, lots of vitamins A, E, C, B complex (of which biotin is the most important), and zinc. You can take an all-inclusive supplement of the Ayurvedic or allopathic composition. This may not be able to reverse damaged hair, but it will encourage new growth and allow you to grow out the damage faster. Read more about important vitamins and nutrients for healthy hair.
Essential vitamins and nutrients for healthy hair
8 ways to use vitamin E capsules for skin and hair