There is a lot of hype surrounding alkaline water in terms of weight loss and general health, but many experts say it’s just a gimmick. The buzz around alkaline water has been advocated by many celebrities around the world, but there aren’t many studies to confirm the buzz. We all know the importance of further replenishing the water in the body and drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day to sustain life. Water is an essential nutrient that helps you feel full, boost your metabolism, and perform all of the body’s important functions. There are many claims that alkaline water manufacturers make, from boosting the immune system to detoxifying the body, and what is more interesting – helping you lose weight. In this post we would like to learn more about alkaline water and the truth behind all of these claims. So, let’s start 🙂
What is alkaline water?
Alkaline water has a pH of 7.4 to 9.5. Normal drinking water has a pH value between 6.5 and 8.5. We consider a pH of 7 and above to be alkaline, which means that it contains more hydroxide ions than hydrogen. For example, a battery has a pH of 0, a lemon has a pH of 2, and a tomato has a pH of 4. Things that are high in alkalinity are blood with a pH of 8, baking soda with a pH of 9 and broccoli with a pH of 8 and bleach with a pH of 12. Alkaline water has a higher pH (8/9) than normal water (pH 7). Because of this property, alkaline water claims to neutralize the acidity in your body. Some alkaline water brands also claim to have added minerals and nutrients. However, if you eat healthily, as in the Rati Beauty App, via natural foods, no additional supplementation with drinking water would be necessary.
What Does Alkaline Water Claim To Do?
1. Provide better hydration than regular water.
2. Detoxifies the body.
3. Balances the pH.
4. Reduces inflammation.
5. Boosts metabolism.
Alkaline Water vs. Plain Water – Which One Is Better?
1. They claim that cold alkaline water boosts your metabolism and triggers thermogenesis, but plain plain water can do the same, so there is really no difference here.
Claims to balance the body’s pH: Inflammation, poor diet, chronic stress, and environmental stressors can increase acidity in the body, and alkaline water claims to balance the pH. Too much alkalinity is not recommended, however, as the digestive system must be acidic in order to break down and digest food. Therefore, too much alkalinity can cause problems. In fact, the body maintains an optimal pH balance and flushes out toxins with sufficient neutral pH water. Extra alkaline water would not produce any faster results.
3. Claims to Increase Fat Loss: Only a proper diet and exercise routine can burn fat and help you lose weight. Drinking water regularly at a neutral pH level can keep you hydrated and metabolized in the same way. Also, both alkaline and regular water are calorie-free and can fill you up, thereby avoiding unnecessary food cravings. Therefore there are no additional points for alkaline water.
4. Alkaline water rehydrates faster: They say that alkaline water rehydrates the body faster than normal water. However, there are no specific studies to prove this.
5. Increases blood viscosity: They also claim that alkaline water affects whole blood viscosity when consumed after an intense exercise. This means that it is more efficient at helping blood flow and increasing oxygen delivery. After a good workout, we need to water the muscles as soon as possible so that they can recover and rebuild. Certain studies indicate an upper hand over alkaline water or plain plain water on this matter.
In conclusion, alkaline water is not a magic potion that can solve health problems or help you lose weight. There aren’t many studies to show the superiority of alkaline water over plain drinking water, and drinking plain water with a neutral pH gives the same results as alkaline water. It’s more important to stay hydrated by drinking clean water, and higher alkalinity really doesn’t make much of a difference. There are also some side effects that can occur if the alkalinity is too high, and the most important one is that it can lower the body’s acidic balance, which is needed to fight harmful bacteria and pathogens. Excessive alkali levels can sometimes lead to metabolic alkalosis. Instead of looking at processed and bottled alkaline water, the easiest and cheapest way to make regular water alkaline is by squeezing lemon into a glass of water. Just drink plain water to get all the benefits, and don’t limit water consumption to just 8 glasses of water. Drink as much as you can.
12 Factors That Can Help You Gain Water
32 foolproof tips for fat loss