When applied topically to the skin, it encourages new cell formation, improves blood circulation, and helps repair sun damage to the skin.Women can lose their sleep due to hair loss and it is a common concern that plagues women as well as men and of all ages. More than expensive salon treatments, herbs and natural remedies work amazingly well. In fact, certain herbs block hair loss and encourage new hair growth. In this post, we list 17 herbal ingredients to look for in hair care products for hair growth.
1. Kalonji / Nigella Seeds / Black Cumin: Black onion seeds contain as many hair-boosting nutrients as protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folic acid, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, phosphorus and many other useful acids. Black seed also contains good fatty acids and essential oils, this helps keep hair healthy. It helps reduce premature graying. The oil is rich in anti-inflammatory ingredients and antioxidants. It prevents hair loss and promotes new hair growth. Regular use not only stops hair loss but also increases hair density. Here’s how you can make Black Onion Seed and Milk Face Pack for clear and glowing skin
2. Rosemary: This powerful herb has been used as a hair treatment since ancient times. This herb stimulates new hair follicles which trigger hair growth faster and make the hair stronger. Here’s How To Make Rosemary Hair Tonic And Conditioner For Hair Growth.
3. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can make your hair grow longer, thicker, and faster. The vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil nourish the scalp and definitely promote faster hair growth. Here’s how you can make your own coconut oil and amla hair mask for healthy hair.
4. Wheat germ oil: The vitamin B and E content in wheat germ oil helps to regrow healthy and strong hair. When applied topically, it also improves blood circulation.
5. Bhringraj: Bhringraj improves hair growth and reduces hair loss. It helps control dandruff and stimulate new hair growth. Forest Essentials Bhringraj and Shikakai Hair Cleanser is a hair oil that Bhringraj uses as a hair cleanser.
6. Jatamansi: Jatamansi is an herb found in hair oils that promotes hair growth. Jatamansi has the ability to penetrate the hair follicle to make the hair strong. Jatamansi oils promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
7. Baal Jhad / Ratanjot / Alkanet Root: This herb is traditionally used in northern India for its therapeutic properties and is widely used in hair oils to control hair loss and treat premature graying. The oil enriched with this herb promotes hair growth. This herb also improves hair density and makes the hair soft and shiny. Regular use of this oil will bring excellent benefits. Here’s how to make a natural coconut oil infused with Baal Jhad Herb (alkanet root) for hair growth.
8. Amla: The high vitamin C content, phytonutrients, improve blood circulation and promote new hair growth. Here’s how you can make a homemade aloe vera and coconut oil hair pack for damaged hair
9. Gotu kola: The botanical name for gotu kola is Centella asiatica and is used in both skin care and hair care products. Gotu kola increases blood circulation and triggers new hair growth.
10. Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds help hair grow healthily. Fenugreek seeds are a great source of protein and nicotinic acid, which helps prevent hair thinning. Fenugreek seeds are helpful for hair growth faster, new hair growth, maintenance of hair pigmentation, and reduction of hair loss by providing essential vitamins and proteins to hair. Here is a coconut oil infused with fenugreek seeds for long hair.
11. Onion Juice: Over the years, this everyday vegetable has become very popular for its ability to control hair loss and promote hair growth. Onion contains elements such as folic acid, vitamins C, E and B, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, carotene, magnesium. These elements are very beneficial for hair growth and hair loss. 5 onion hair packs to control hair loss
12. Ginger: This ingredient promotes blood flow to the scalp and stimulates hair growth. It triggers hair follicles and encourages new hair growth. Regular use of ginger-based products strengthens hair from root to tip.
13. Hibiscus: This flower has been used since ancient times to control hair loss and promote hair growth. This is a hibiscus and green tea leaf hair pack for healthy hair.
14. Shikakai: Prevents split ends, promotes hair growth and can be used as a natural cleanser. High in vitamins C, E and antioxidants to naturally promote hair growth.
15. Coffee: With its high caffeine content, it stimulates hair growth. Read more about 6 ways to use coffee for shiny and long hair.
16. Argan: Rich in antioxidants, it is known as liquid gold because it nourishes the hair, makes the scalp healthy and makes the hair strong.
17. Aloe Vera: This magical plant is great for treating most skin care and hair care problems. It is rich in antioxidants, essential amino acids, and various minerals. Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes that help repair skin cells on the scalp, trigger dormant follicles, and thus speed hair growth.
6 Excellent Aloe Vera Beauty Recipes for Smooth Hair and Radiant Skin.
5 benefits of cumin for hair and 5 ways to use it
Organic coconut oil and amla hair mask for hair regrowth