Dry and damaged hair is a fairly common problem that most of us face at one point or another in our lives. Environmental factors, heat styling, hair coloring, and other types of treatments can easily damage the health of our hair. The good news, however, is that you can whip up a variety of deeply nourishing and homemade hair masks for dry, damaged hair at home that can help revive the health, shine, and strength of your locks. These masks use very simple ingredients and are sufficiently moisturizing for very dry or damaged hair. Let’s take a look at 10 homemade hair masks to add shine to damaged hair.
1. Simple yogurt hair mask: Take 1 cup of simple and fresh yogurt. Apply this to your hair and scalp along the roots and lengths and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off with plain water. This will deeply nourish your hair while addressing the problems of dandruff or itchy scalp.
2. Banana and milk hair mask: Take 1 tablespoon of raw milk and the pulp of 1 medium-sized ripe banana. Mix the pulp with the raw milk to form a smooth and runny paste. Apply this to your hair and scalp while your hair is still damp and leave it on for 30 minutes. For clearly moisturized and shiny hair, rinse with clean water.
3. Honey and olive oil hair mask: take 2 tablespoons of pure organic honey and mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this to damp hair the full length and wrap your hair in a warm cotton towel or shower cap. After 30 minutes you can rinse this off with a gentle shampoo and then treat with a conditioner for very soft and smooth strands.
4. Honey and banana hair mask: Take 1 tablespoon of pure organic honey and the pulp of a medium-sized ripe banana. Mix the two ingredients very well to form a smooth paste. Apply this mask to damp hair and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off with clean water.
5. Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask: If your hair is very dry or damaged, a deep nourishing mask like this one works best. Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture of the two oils to the scalp and along the lengths of the hair and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Wrap your hair in a damp and warm towel while the oil is on, then rinse it off with plain water. This gives your hair the moisture it needs.
6. Egg Yolk and Avocado Hair Mask: Take 1 egg yolk and 1 ripe avocado. Mash the pulp of the avocado to make a smooth paste. Mix in the egg yolks well to form a paste. Apply this to damp hair and wash off with a gentle shampoo after 30 minutes. This gives your hair a boost of proteins and fats and brings back its luscious smoothness and shine.
7. Hot Oil Treatment For Dry Hair: If you’re one of those people who wants to keep things as simple as possible, a hot oil treatment for very dry or damaged hair works wonders. For this purpose, you can use: coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, or jojoba oil. Heat your favorite oil on the stove, then apply liberally to your hair and scalp. Now take a hot towel and wrap it tightly around your hair. You can keep this on for as long as you want to allow the moisture to penetrate deep into the hair shafts.
8. Egg, Milk, Lemon and Olive Oil Mask: This mask removes dandruff and moisturizes locks of hair at the same time. To make this mask, break an egg white, a cup of milk, squeeze half a lemon and finally 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this mask on damp hair and wash off with a gentle shampoo after an hour.
9. Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil Hair Mask: Know that you can use equal amounts of Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil, mix well, and apply to the scalp and hair to even out dryness and frizziness. You can rinse off the mask after a few hours without using shampoo.
10. Egg, Coconut Oil, and Matcha Green Tea Hair Mask: Matcha green tea is believed to contain 137 times more antioxidants than regular green tea. This dose of antioxidant would improve blood circulation and stimulate hair growth as well. To make this mask, mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, an egg white and 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea. Mix all ingredients, mix well and apply to scalp and hair. Leave on for an hour and rinse off with a gentle shampoo. Do this regularly for beautiful and shiny hair.
50 hair care tips for silky and shiny hair
Banana hair mask for dry and dull hair