Have you heard the saying, “Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym,” and even if the washboard abs are still a “no show” after hundreds of crunches and abs, it’s time to take a look in the kitchen To tone your abs because some of the best abs foods are right in your kitchen and fridge, all you need to do is identify them. In addition to running out of calories, avoiding sugary foods and refined carbohydrates, and exercising regularly (not necessarily at the gym), you need to have a good amount of impression-taking foods in your diet. Here’s a little fact we’d like to reveal: the abs are already in place. You need to remove the layer of fat above and reveal the muscle underneath. Only with the right amount of diet and exercise will your abs will be shaped exactly how you want them to be. In fact, high-intensity exercises work better at defining abs than crunches and other ab exercises. So put a lot of emphasis on a high protein and nutritious diet and combine it with cardio, weight training, and HIIT (7-minute HIIT fat burning exercises that you can do at home). Here is a checklist of the ab-sculpting foods to include on your shopping list.
1. Almonds: They have all of the essential nutrients to build abs-healthy fats, fiber, proteins and other trace elements.
2. Beans and legumes: Packed full of protein, low in calories, they also contain iron and other important minerals. Check out Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diet in the Rati Beauty app to find out what kind of beans and legumes should be included in the daily diet to reveal abs.
3. Dairy Products: Cheese, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, are good amounts of protein, are good for the gut, and contain nutrients that help burn fat and build muscle.
4. Eggs: Eggs are high in protein and a nutrient powerhouse. They contain all the important nutrients needed to build muscle, especially protein.
5. Strawberries / Blueberries: Berries are great for weight loss and building muscle, especially strawberries and blueberries which also give an amazing antioxidant boost.
6. Olive Oil: This oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids that help mobilize fat and polyphenols that help fight the bulge. In fact, it is one of the best edible oils for good health and weight loss.
7. Oats: It is a whole grain and is high in fiber, antioxidants, minerals and proteins.
8. Peanut Butter: Rich in protein, promotes satiety, increases gastrointestinal hormone secretion, and leads to diet-induced thermogenesis. A scoop or two of peanut butter over apple slices makes for a delicious, protein-rich treat.
9. Whey Protein: Whey protein powder is an element without which muscle building appears incomplete. It also helps build lean muscles.
10. Ricotta Cheese: If you find whey protein powder unsavory, here’s another delicious option – which is not only a good source of protein, but also lowers calcium which reduces belly fat.
11. Lean Meat: Switch to lean meat to build muscle with its rich protein content.
12. Whole Grains: Barley, buckwheat, quinoa, oats, and brown rice all fall under whole grains, which are high in fiber, essential minerals, and protein – they help burn fat and expose the abs.
13. Low Glycemic Index Fruits: To expose the abs, you need to cut out sugar, and low glycemic index fruits help with this – here is a list of low glycemic index fruits.
14. Broccoli: Low in calories, high in vitamin C, it boosts metabolism and helps burn calories.
15. Cheddar Cheese: A rich source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) that helps burn calories and build muscle.
16. Chicken: For non-vegetarians, chicken is a great muscle building food with its high protein content.
17. Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are high in vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids that not only keep your skin smooth and hair shiny, but also boost your metabolism, melt fat and reveal washboard abs.
18. Yogurt: As mentioned earlier, calcium and protein are fat burning and muscle building foods, and yogurt contains both.
19. Spinach: High in iron, low in calories, it is also a good muscle building food.
20. Casein: Along with whey protein, casein helps build muscle and promotes weight loss.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit the Rati Beauty app to learn how to include these foods in your daily diet to help you lose weight and tone abs.
22 best fruits for weight loss
Can You Eat Fruits Unlimited and Lose Weight?