Now that the cold, wintry season is well behind us and the oppressive summer sun is wreaking havoc on our skin, it’s time to show extra TLC to soothe and soothe sun-exposed skin. Sunburn, tan, irritated and inflamed skin are some common problems that summer brings with it. It is therefore advisable to stock up on essential skin care products to combat the summer heat so that you can glow and glow through sweat, moisture and heat. Also, don’t forget to follow the CTM (Cleaning-Toning-Moisturizing) routine throughout the summer to flaunt beautiful skin. With those basics aside, here’s a list of 10 must-have skin care products to help you brave the summer heat.
1. Sun protection: Regardless of the season, sun protection is a must, especially in summer when the sun gets the harshest. A sunscreen with a sun protection factor of 30 or higher as well as UVA / UVB and PA +++ protection is strongly recommended. Ideally, look for zinc oxide and titanium dioxide based sunscreens for maximum protection. Here is the list of the “10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens” to choose from.
2. Clay Masks: Clay masks are great for all skin types, especially oily skin, as they soak up the oil to make the skin dull and less greasy. These masks also help minimize shine and oiliness of all skin types and clear clogged pores. Look for clay masks made with bentonite, kaolin, and Fuller’s Earth. Here is a list of the “30 Best Clay Masks Available in India for Oily Skin”.
3. Rose water: Are you looking for an alcohol-free toner? Look no further than plain old rose water and serve chilled in summer, we mean splash chilled to instantly refresh dull skin. The best thing about rose water is that it is suitable for all skin types – be it normal, oily, acne prone, combined or dry. Rose water can also be used in homemade face packs as it also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties and can solve most skin care problems. Rose water is kind to the skin and has a calming, balancing, firming and moisturizing effect on your skin, leaving you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Once you realize the amazing benefits of rose water and how to use it properly, you will definitely make it a permanent part of your skin care regimen. Read more about “15 Ways To Use Rose Water For Beautiful Skin.”
4. Salicylic Acid Based Products: For Acne Prone Skin, Blackheads, Large Pores, Whiteheads – Salicylic Acid is a wonderful ingredient that removes dirt, grime, and bacteria from clogged pores and exfoliates the skin to make it clear and glowing. It penetrates deep into your pores, an excellent ingredient to look for in toner, day cream, night cream, serum, and even foundation. Our recommendations: Saslic Face Wash.
5. Facial mist: Facial mist based on mint and cucumber can instantly refresh, moisturise, cool, tighten and, above all, soothe inflamed and sun-exposed skin. When choosing facial mists, choose those with cool sandalwood, mint, cucumber, watermelon, and aloe vera as the main ingredients.
6. Water-Based Moisturizer: Switch from creamy moisturizers to water-based moisturizers that won’t clog pores, feel light to the touch, and won’t make the skin greasy or greasy. Here is a list of the “50 Best Moisturizers For Oily Acne-Prone Skin” from which to choose a water-based moisturizer.
7. Gel-Based Cleaners: If you enjoy using soap-based cleaners in the winter, switch to gel-based cleaners as soap-based cleaners tend to make the skin extra oily, while gel cleansers make the skin clearer without making the skin dry or stretchy .
8. Gentle Facial Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation helps expose smooth skin from below by peeling off rough skin. In summer, all you need is a gentle scrub to clear clogged pores and leave your skin smoother and softer. And best of all, you can use natural fruits to exfoliate the skin – here’s how to make “homemade fruit facial scrubs”.
9. Pure Aloe Vera Gel: Oh, the feeling of cool aloe vera gel on inflamed and irritated skin! If you haven’t bought a tub of aloe vera gel yet, it’s high time to choose one. Aloe Vera is the solution for relieving sunburn, redness, rashes, inflammation and also for removing tan. If you want to whip things up yourself, here is a detailed process for making aloe vera gel at home.
10. You must definitely try this refreshing face pack to avoid common summer skin problems.
Most importantly, stay hydrated because without hydration, skin tends to become dull and lose its glow. Don’t stop at just 8 glasses of water, as more water will result in problem-free skin.
30 best clay masks in India for oily skin
15 ways to use rose water for beautiful skin