Summers, with their high levels of heat and humidity, can trigger breakouts and pimples on acne-prone skin. The tricky thing about acne is that it is very difficult to identify what is causing recurring pimples and breakouts. This can be for various reasons, e.g. Poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, makeup products, inadequate skin care, hormonal changes, etc. In this post, we’re going to talk about a number of changes you can make to prevent breakouts in summer.
12 ways to naturally prevent acne and pimple breakouts in summer:
1. Start with a Clean Diet: You are what you eat and sometimes incorrect eating habits are a major cause of acne and breakouts. Eat the right kind of food and reduce the occurrence of acne and breakouts. Find such diets in the Rati Beauty App that will also help you get leaner and fitter by shedding extra pounds. Download the app for more details.
2. Stay hydrated: Staying adequately hydrated is non-negotiable. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. You can also replace this with lemonade with honey, amniotic fluid, or coconut water if you’re having trouble drinking plain water.
3. Regular exercise: Regular exercise is one of the best ways to cleanse your body of the toxins that are building up inside. When you sweat after a good workout, your skin’s pores naturally clean themselves from the inside out. Find an exercise routine that you really enjoy and stick to it.
4. Use clean sheets and towels: Change your sheets and pillowcases at least once a week, if not more often. The oils in your skin care products build up on your bedding and lead to the growth of the bacteria that cause acne. The same applies to your facial tissues and cleaning tissues.
5. Clean your makeup brushes: Make-up brushes and sponges are active breeding grounds for the acne-causing bacteria. Not only is it important to clean these makeup tools regularly, but it’s also important to use antimicrobial cleansers for this purpose – especially if you are dealing with recurring breakouts.
6. Use non-comedogenic products: Always look for the “non-comedogenic” label on skin care products such as lotions and creams. This means the product won’t clog your pores, making it less likely to cause pimples and breakouts.
7. Select oil-free makeup products: Select makeup that is labeled as “oil-free”. Using an oil-free foundation is a must if you have acne-prone skin. Use as many water-based makeup products as possible.
8. Facials and Cleansing Up: If you are dealing with breakouts and breakouts, facials are not for you. Instead, you should do regular facial cleanses, which involve clogging pores and treating the skin with effective scrubs and face packs. You can do this at home as well.
9. Reconsider Your Hair Removal Routine: If you have your facial hair removed regularly, it may be time to reconsider the method you are using. Sometimes, facial waxing can lead to recurring pimples and breakouts. Explore alternative facial hair removal methods or opt for therapies like laser hair removal or electrolysis.
10. Follow an Appropriate Skin Care Routine: Just following one skin care routine is not enough, especially if you keep getting breakouts. The skin care regimen you choose must be tailored to your specific skin problems. To do this, you should consult a dermatologist and have a skin analysis done before embarking on any skin regimen.
11. Choose an Oil-Free Sunscreen: Since sunscreens are an absolute must in summer, choose one based on your skin type. If you have acne-prone skin, choose an oil-free and fragrance-free skin care regimen to avoid breakouts. Here is the list of “10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India”.
12. Always sleep with a clean face: Let your skin breathe at night and wipe yourself consciously to wipe off every stain of makeup, dirt, grime and oil before hitting the sack.
10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens In India
6 Easy Ways To Keep Your Skin Moisturized Besides Drinking Water