What if you can’t stop yourself cracking open several sachets of potato chips and you’re still hungry? You overeat and pave the way for the body to gain weight and put you at risk of developing chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular problems. If you are dying to lose weight, you need to find ways to stop the unhealthy obsession with food and follow the right type of weight loss diet, such as the Rati Beauty app that will help you eat the right way to eat to get leaner and fitter. Also, here you can read 7 practical ways to overcome overeating.
Why do we eat too much?
When we eat high-sodium, processed, and high-sugar foods, they trigger the release of feel-good hormones like dopamine, which activate the pleasure and reward centers of the brain. Over time, we tend to associate these happy sensations with eating these unhealthy foods and we tend to overeat to experience these sensations rather than opting for them when we are really hungry. This process also results in the suppression of the hormone “leptin,” a hormone that tells you that you are full and can now stop eating. When leptin malfunctions, the process of overeating goes out of control. When you overeat, the stomach expands beyond its normal size to accommodate all of the extra food and it begins to push against other internal organs. This is where you start to feel uncomfortable. It also puts additional stress on the liver and other organs to process all of these foods. Both binge eating and overeating lead to excess calories in the body when the number of calories in the body is well above what you need per day. Any extra calories are then converted into fat, which ultimately leads to obesity. And so, one needs to find ways to stop overeating in order to lose weight and become generally healthy.
7 practical ways to stop overeating:
1. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly: The fact is that it takes 20 minutes for the brain to send a proper signal to the stomach that it is full. If you eat in a rush, the body will not be able to relay the satiety signal and you would continue to eat beyond what your body actually needs, leading to overeating. So take a break between each bite, chew the food properly, and you would be surprised to find that you can feel comfortable with relatively little food.
2. Snacks on snacks with healthy fats between meals: a small square of dark chocolate, half a cup of peanuts or a few almonds or even 1 tablespoon of peanut butter with an apple slice are enough to curb appetite and satisfy hunger hormone “ghrelin” at bay. These healthy fat foods help keep you full for long hours, reducing the chances of overeating in subsequent meals.
3. Eat nutritious foods: People looking to lose weight and generally get healthy should avoid calories in the form of transfats, saturated fat, high sodium, and added sugars. Instead, they should eat nutritious foods that are high in vitamins, proteins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that are lower in calories. Lots of nutrient dense foods are one of the most weight loss factors – fiber! You can learn to include nutrient dense foods in your diet while losing weight by following the diet programs in the Rati Beauty app and downloading them to your phone for more information.
4. Avoid High Sodium, Sugary Foods: Processed foods high in sodium, sugar, and trans fats can be addictive to the brain and trigger the release of feel-good hormones if you overeat such foods to feel good. An easy way to avoid these foods is to stop shopping for them.
5. Pre-loading water: Pre-loading water is a healthy and almost effortless way to aid weight loss. With this strategy, experts recommend drinking 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such an amount of water before a meal will stretch your stomach considerably and, as a result, the hunger hormone “ghrelin” would be released less. This means that with less food and less calorie intake, you would feel full. It’s an effective strategy to combat overeating. It is a fact that most of us do not consume enough water during the day and most of the time we are just thirsty and not really hungry. Frequent hunger pangs are most likely caused by dehydration. If you can supply your body with more H2O, you can lose weight very well.
6. Eat foods high in fiber and high in protein: Fiber and protein are two nutrients that help you stay full for long hours, curb your appetite, and prevent unnecessary hunger pangs. Find high fiber and high protein diets for weight loss in the Rati Beauty app.
7. Sleep soundly at night: Without a good night’s sleep, there would be no significant weight loss as the body needs at least 7 hours of sleep to rest and rejuvenate, lower levels of the hunger hormone “ghrelin” and increase the amount of the satiety hormone “leptin. ” If you want to lose extra weight, reschedule your sleep schedule.
21 Most Nutrient Dense Foods To Accelerate Weight Loss
How to lose weight without counting calories all day