We all know by now that metabolism is the mechanism by which the body burns calories for use as energy. It is common knowledge that when someone is trying to lose weight, the body lowers its metabolism to conserve energy and it becomes a little difficult to lose extra pounds after a certain point no matter what you do. Commonly referred to as the “weight loss plateau,” it occurs when the body reduces its calorie consumption to make up for the decreased caloric intake. In such a situation, the body locks up the stored fat, which leads to famine. When your metabolism drops or becomes sluggish, finding solutions to resolve the problem is imperative because, as mentioned above, having a robust metabolism is one of the key factors in getting lean. In this post we list 5 ways to fix a disturbed metabolism and lose weight.
1. Proper Insulin Resistance: Insulin, a blood sugar regulating hormone, also plays an active role in controlling the calories to be stored as glycogen and fat in muscles and tissues. If a high amount of glucose is constantly circulating in the bloodstream, after a certain point in time, the body’s cells will become less responsive to the insulin effort. When this happens, all of the extra circulating glucose is stored as body fat. When trying to lose weight it would be of great benefit to remember that insulin resistance can actually prevent further weight loss and promote the storage of body fat. In fact, high and frequent insulin secretion blocks fat burning (also known as lipolysis). Insulin resistance also tends to lower your metabolism and help with weight gain. To improve and cure your metabolism, try correcting insulin resistance as it is the hormone that can open the door to releasing stored fat in the body for burning when there is a calorie deficit from diet and exercise. To correct insulin resistance, stay away from refined carbohydrates and white sugar, eat vegetables, increase protein intake, and correct magnesium deficiency if necessary. Check out some effective ways to combat insulin resistance in this post.
2. Do Not Crash Diet / Eat Better, No Less: Crash diets are never a great way to lose weight. On the contrary, you can gain weight as a result. If you eat fewer calories or if you do not consume any foods, you will not get desirable results. Remember that when you reduce your caloric intake, your body also lowers your metabolism. You just have to eat right, not less, to lose weight. You need to be on the right diet that is low in carbohydrates and provides adequate nutrition to keep your metabolism from dropping. Find the right type of weight loss diets in the Rati Beauty app. More information can be found here.
3. 21 Tricks To Boost Your Metabolism: Metabolism is essential to burn all those extra calories and get into your fat stores to make you feel lighter. In this post, we’re going to list 21 tricks to get your metabolism going.
4. Increase NEAT activities to correct a disturbed metabolism: Endurance activities such as walking, jogging, climbing stairs, etc. tend to increase metabolic hormone levels known as fibroblast growth factor. An active lifestyle keeps the metabolism robust. In addition, NEAT, which stands for thermogenesis without physical activity and is the energy we use for everything we do in our daily life, helps boost metabolism. Use the stairs instead of the elevator, crouch on the floor to lift something, walk while you are on the phone. Any activity we do while on our feet falls under NEAT. All of these activities help burn some amount of calories, and those calories consumed here and there add up to a considerable amount as you are trying to lose weight.
5. At least 7 hours of sleep per night: There is a direct relationship between sleep deprivation, low metabolism and weight gain. Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep and wake up with a charged metabolism.
6. Drink lots of H2O: Everyone says you should drink lots of water not only for beautiful skin but also to increase weight loss, as studies have shown that getting enough water can increase your metabolic rate by up to 30%! So grab the water bottle now!
7. Drink coffee: Avoid the milk jug in your cup of coffee and like black coffee, as the caffeine content not only stimulates lipolysis (fat burning), keeps you active, but also boosts your metabolism.
8. Reject the sedentary lifestyle: Lipoprotein lipase is an essential enzyme that plays an important role in metabolism. Unknown to many, the lipase switches off its function after only half an hour of inactivity. If nothing, don’t forget to fidget your legs every now and then to keep the metabolic flag high.
21 tricks to increase your metabolism
Best times to drink water to accelerate weight loss