Servings: 4th Active time 40 minutes total time 40 minutes
- 4th 4 oz. Chicken Breast Chops
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more for pasta water
- 1/4 Cup bought or homemade pesto
- 3 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tomatoes, pitted and cut into 1-in. Pieces
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated (optional)
- 10 Ounces Fusilli or rotini pasta
- 1/4 Cup pitted Kalamata olives and parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4th fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Place the chicken on a cutting board; sprinkle both sides evenly with 1/2 teaspoon. Salt. Spread the pesto evenly on one side of each schnitzel (1 tablespoon each). Starting with the narrowest end, roll up each schnitzel and secure with 2 wood chopsticks by pushing them all the way through the rolled up chicken.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons. In a large pan, oil the oil on medium to high heat until the oil shimmers. Add chicken rolls; Cook, turning occasionally and moving wood chopping into the chicken as needed until browned on all sides, a total of about 15 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cover and cook until a thermometer inserted into the thickest serving of the chicken reads 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken rolls to a cutting board; Let rest for 5 minutes. Remove wood chop. Cut each roll crosswise into 5 pieces.
4. While the chicken is cooking, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Mix together tomatoes, garlic (if used) and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon. Salt and 3 tbsp. Oil in a large bowl until combined. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta and place in a bowl with the tomato mixture; throw to coat. Stir in olives and, if necessary, sprinkle with cheese.
5. Add basil to the pasta mixture and mix. Serve noodles next to chicken or toss the chicken and noodles together.
Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount per serving: cal. (Kcal): 597, total fat (g): 24, total Fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 58, fiber (g): 4, sugars (g): 6, per. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 635, calcium (mg): 81, iron (mg): 3, The daily percentage values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.